Players that you didn't want city to sign

Der Bomber said:
McMinimum.

What the hell exactly did we pay him weekly? Can't remember, but it was a lot. To my mind that twat needs to write a check for the full amount to the ADG for the whole amount he more or less stole from us while here.

he was the best pointer of the finger in the history of the modern game was old McMoneyman

sh249 said:
mscenterh750 said:
bored at work said:
Kendall's Everton old boys
Not ideal but they were needed at the time, and were proven to be shrewd purchases by Howard.

Yep, proved pretty astute (some at least), but didn't want them when they signed.

I wasn't too keen on us getting Clichy (thought he was poor in his last season at Arsenal), but delighted to have been proven wrong. And Kolo Toure - never rated him, even at Arsenal, nothing changed during his time with us. Terrible signing.

Of those who were linked but (thankfully) never came - Christian Dailly. There was a time when he was perennially mentioned as a target - chronically bad player.

Kolo was a terrible signing? wow, first season he was solid. Not outstanding but decent enoughish, next season he was rotated with Lescott(Lescott played against the more physical teams, for example Stoke away, Toure would play the games where the ball was played on the ground, for example Arsenal at home.) he was stupid to take a slimming pill, he came back and was average but last season he was fantastic, was a real leader. I'd have loved him to sign a new contract. For the reported 12 million we paid he was a solid 7/10.

Most people on this thread are using hindsight. Adeybayor was a great signing at the time. A world class striker. It didn't go well but nobody at the time was saying that it was a bad signing as we had sante cruz and bellamy.

Benjani
Craig Bellamy
Santa Cruz
James Milner - was happy to be proved wrong on this one.<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:31 pm --<br /><br />
nice neil said:
Niall Quinn and Craig bellamy - proved me wrong.
Robbie Fowler ......................................didn't.

Fowler's scoring record for City was on par with Bellamy's in a much worse side.

Bellamy is the one I didn't want above all else - odious little twat

Of those we got that I didn't want but we got. Especially since the big money rolled in.

Lescott: Price
Milner: Price and exchange of player I actually liked
Kolarov: Price and I thought he was the Serbian Taye Taiwo. Scored amazing goals but was crap most of the time.
Nasri: I wanted Mata instead.
Savic: I wanted Vertonghen instead
Viera: Thought he was too old
Kolo Toure: Price, and I hated buying Arsenal rejects.
Adebayor: See Kolo.

Sadly, all of the above have proven to be nothing more than role players at best; Inspite of most of theme being bought at super star prices.

Players I didn't want and was happy we didn't get
John Terry, Kaka, Torres, Van Persie, Eto'o, VIlla, (All past their prime at the time we were interested, and we were bounding around ridiculous money for them). Non of them with the exception of Van Persie has produced for 2 years post us not getting them. It seems VP will, but fuk him, we had 4 strikers at the time, so it made no sense getting a 5th. I might have been wrong on Villa too.

I originally didn't want Negredo because I didn't want a repeat of last seasons 4 striker conundrum

Fowler
McManaman
Cole
RSC
Creaney
Vieira
Scott Sinclair
That I can think of.

Pre takeover loads of players i didnt want us to sign;
Including.
Big fat bob
Fowler
Benjani
Corradi
Seaman
Tarnaat.

But post takeover i have to admit i was that excited for the 1st few years i wanted us to sign every fucker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.