Players want Mancini out - The Sun (Bullsh*t)

Soulboy said:
FantasyIreland said:
Guilty of over analysing there Sb(i hope...)

You're right, I might be.

But having studied politicians comments over many years when they "say" things that can be read in different ways, this strikes me of a very subtle support for the club rather than any manager.

I hope the players are backing the manager, I just don't feel it in my old bones...

I'm still on the fence. I don't believe for one moment that he's anywhere close to losing the dressing room...but I can't help but feel there's definitely a malaise around the players nonetheless. You can have a series of very small things, which in isolation can be put down to normal behind the scenes dressing room stuff. But when they begin to accumulate at a rapid rate you can't help but think something's not right. Off the top of my head, I'd say there was the Ade/Mancini bust up, the Tevez/Mancini half time bust up, the arguments amongst the players, the AJ/Barry on the piss thing within a week of Mancini publicly and privately warning the players about drinking...even Tevez running to celebrate with RSC after he scored against Chelsea. Like I said - in isolation any one of those things can be seen as a storm in a teacup. But when they come one after the other, in such close succession, it does give me an uneasy feeling...

To be honest I really genuinely hope that Mancini reasserts his authority this week, and that him and Marwood give the entire squad another arse kicking. There's absolutely no way it is in anyone's benefit for us to start considering replacing the guy. Makes far more sense to try and get the players to understand that they need to respect and get behind the boss no matter how much they like or dislike his methods...

With respect to Barry's statement....we can take that with a whole truckload of salt. Like you say, even coming from the OS, it hardly reads like a ringing endorsement of Mancini...

When i was a kid growing up in the 50's, we used to cut newspapers up into squares pieces , thread a piece of string through them and hang them up in lieu of toilet paper. It would give me absolute great pleasure to reincarnate that money saving habit using the Sun . In fact, i would eat mouldy fish to purposely give me the runs.
NUFF SAID

what would be good is for the good old sheikh to turn up before the derby and put the fear of god into them, mess with me and you'll pay the price, or summit like that. No holidays to abu dhabi for a starters unless you do as your told etc.

I want the players to do the talking on the pitch, but I think a big "air all the dirty laundry" session behind the scenes would be good, get everything off the players chests, get them all talking to each other, all getting to know each other better and build relationships between them. It may sound corny but sometimes I feel like the players only consider each other teammates, and not friends, and I know not everyone can be best buddies but they should all have some natural commitment to each other, as well as the manager and the fans.

BillyShears said:
Soulboy said:

But having studied politicians comments over many years when they "say" things that can be read in different ways, this strikes me of a very subtle support for the club rather than any manager.

I hope the players are backing the manager, I just don't feel it in my old bones...

I'm still on the fence. I don't believe for one moment that he's anywhere close to losing the dressing room...but I can't help but feel there's definitely a malaise around the players nonetheless. You can have a series of very small things, which in isolation can be put down to normal behind the scenes dressing room stuff. But when they begin to accumulate at a rapid rate you can't help but think something's not right. Off the top of my head, I'd say there was the Ade/Mancini bust up, the Tevez/Mancini half time bust up, the arguments amongst the players, the AJ/Barry on the piss thing within a week of Mancini publicly and privately warning the players about drinking...even Tevez running to celebrate with RSC after he scored against Chelsea. Like I said - in isolation any one of those things can be seen as a storm in a teacup. But when they come one after the other, in such close succession, it does give me an uneasy feeling...

To be honest I really genuinely hope that Mancini reasserts his authority this week, and that him and Marwood give the entire squad another arse kicking. There's absolutely no way it is in anyone's benefit for us to start considering replacing the guy. Makes far more sense to try and get the players to understand that they need to respect and get behind the boss no matter how much they like or dislike his methods...

With respect to Barry's statement....we can take that with a whole truckload of salt. Like you say, even coming from the OS, it hardly reads like a ringing endorsement of Mancini...

rubbish

BillyShears said:
- in isolation any one of those things can be seen as a storm in a teacup. But when they come one after the other, in such close succession, it does give me an uneasy feeling...To be honest I really genuinely hope that Mancini reasserts his authority this week, and that him and Marwood give the entire squad another arse kicking.

not sure DD would approve of that management approach but you're right about one thing

storm-in-teacup_final.jpg

BillyShears said:
Soulboy said:

I actually agree with everything in your post except the last bit, You would have to put a very negative spin on Barrys statement in order to not accept that he is supporting the maneger.

We all now that public statements of support means fuck all, what really matters is results.

The facts in the first part of your post also leaves me a bit uneasy, to many small signs to completely ignore them, in the short term however you always have to support the maneger in conflicts with players.

In the long term only results matter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.