Players who have left us under a cloud or on bad terms?

Hopkins admitted that during one of his few first-team games for Aston Villa – away at Notts County – he wore a Birmingham City badge over Villa's crest on his shirt. When taking a corner it was spotted by Villa's away fans who began to hurl abuse at him. Hopkins promptly booted the ball out for a goal kick, flicked them a V-sign and ran off laughing. Not surprisingly, he was sold soon after.
During one match for Birmingham City, play was halted when a policeman strode onto the pitch towards Hopkins who went as white as a sheet. When the officer walked past him to advise the referee of a bomb threat, Hopkins reportedly remarked to an opponent, "Thank fuck for that. I thought they were coming to arrest me." They really don't make 'em like that any more! I understand he left professional football without a pot to piss in and went on to earn a living as a driver.
Probably a getaway driver…

Internal ban from the club for ermmmm, extra curricular activities that if errrmmmm tested may have seen a rio -esque escape
Well, well, well. It that's true we live and learn. I have to say that after that opening game at West Ham I thought we'd signed a superstar. It soon went up in smoke, or from what you suggest, up in coke.

Well, well, well. It that's true we live and learn. I have to say that after that opening game at West Ham I thought we'd signed a superstar. It soon went up in smoke, or from what you suggest, up in coke.
Cant remember who told me at the time but i do recall it was someone who would know.
Equally could have been total bollocks.
Someone will tell me otherwise but im sure he was out ‘injured’ for quite some time?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.