Players who have left us under a cloud or on bad terms?

Maybe I’ve been lucky and caught the only interview he’s ever done where he wasn’t like that.

But the one I’ve seen he couldn’t have been more complementary towards the club and just said he would have loved to have stayed longer but had to leave to get a game.
Yeah i'm the same. The lad is clearly a big blue, i've honestly never experienced him talking ill of the club. Always tends to fight our corner.

McGrath would certainly have improved us if we'd signed him instead of Villa, we were linked with him at the time he was leaving united. Gave great service to Villa despite fitness and off field issues.

Don’t know why I’m bothered but I always wonder how he’s getting on when I hear his name mentioned.

He had an awful start to life and didn’t look like he was coping with retirement too well either.

A girl I know who worked in A&E at Wythenshawe hospital told me once years ago that he staggered in there one Sunday morning looking battered and concussed and couldn’t even give them his name.

I vaguely recall him getting nicked back over in Ireland a few years ago for something or other alcohol related.

Such a shame.

Stevie”Superman”Ireland. He was utterly gutted when he went to villa,… as part of the deal that brought Milner to us I think. Anyhow, Ireland used to say that he wanted to stay at City long enough that we would name a stand after him. He was gutted to go, and I think the move destroyed his confidence and he never really recovered the very promising form he showed whilst playing for us. Unfortunate really, as he was a good laugh, mad as a box of frogs, but I kinda liked him.

Nedum’s a funny one isn’t he.

Lifelong blue etc and clearly a nice bloke but he goes out of his way to shoehorn bitter digs at the club and Mancini every single time someone puts a microphone near his face.

Mancini was a bit snide to you, we get it, but get over it mate for fuck sake.
The situation with Nadum is why if I had ever been good enough to play football I would never have signed for the club I support. Never mix your work with something you love.

Totally get that the last year or so under Mancini sucked and likely not something he looks back on fondly. However, while Mancini wasn't loved by alot working for the club, I don't think you can argue it wasn't the right call with regards Nedum and Nedum's career likely didn't go as well as he hoped or indeed expected when he was 18..... but you can pretty much say that about the vast majority of successful 18 year old footballers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.