Players who might improve us

Our obvious weakness is CM/CML position. We had Gundogan. Pep plays there usually Kovacic, sometimes Bernardo. If Pep plays his beloved Bernardo only from time to time on a position, it means its not his best position. Kovacic has been good. But he wont improve his offensive output. He is great carrying the ball up the pitch, but in comparison to the best level lacks a bit of vision and execution of through balls.

Gundogan esque transfer would improve us. But I struggle for any obvious choices, especially realistic ones. Return of Ilkay wont happen. De Jong wont happen + at this point its a bit suspicious he has not set the world on fire in Barcelona. Barella extended his contract with Inter. Musiala is great but he would be rather a KDB replacement.

Valverde, Kroos, Bellingham, Pedri, Gavi out of the picture. One area we cannot challenge Real or Barcelona as of yet is their pull on players.

Not convinced with Ruben Neves, Lobotka or Bruno Guimares (hes rather 6 though, aint he).

I like Merino or Parejo, but seen very little of them.

Conclusion: i do not know WHO ffs!

Our obvious weakness is CM/CML position. We had Gundogan. Pep plays there usually Kovacic, sometimes Bernardo. If Pep plays his beloved Bernardo only from time to time on a position, it means its not his best position. Kovacic has been good. But he wont improve his offensive output. He is great carrying the ball up the pitch, but in comparison to the best level lacks a bit of vision and execution of through balls.

Gundogan esque transfer would improve us. But I struggle for any obvious choices, especially realistic ones. Return of Ilkay wont happen. De Jong wont happen + at this point its a bit suspicious he has not set the world on fire in Barcelona. Barella extended his contract with Inter. Musiala is great but he would be rather a KDB replacement.

Valverde, Kroos, Bellingham, Pedri, Gavi out of the picture. One area we cannot challenge Real or Barcelona as of yet is their pull on players.

Not convinced with Ruben Neves, Lobotka or Bruno Guimares (hes rather 6 though, aint he).

I like Merino or Parejo, but seen very little of them.

Conclusion: i do not know WHO ffs!
I’d argue Baena could play as the left #8 and also on the left-wing. Quite like the Fofana shouts I’m seeing on here.

Personally , I think if Pascal Gross was a few years younger he’d be the perfect signing.

a 5th LW option.. really?
exactly. Cannot understand shouts for Sane or Gordon. We have Grealish, Doku, Foden can play there. Some people wants something new for something new. Sane is particularly off point for me. He had his chance with City. There is real possibility that he stagnated with development. Huge risk with massive wages.

exactly. Cannot understand shouts for Sane or Gordon. We have Grealish, Doku, Foden can play there. Some people wants something new for something new. Sane is particularly off point for me. He had his chance with City. There is real possibility that he stagnated with development. Huge risk with massive wages.
Foden can't play there. If Foddn is on the wing we are weaker.

It's Doku and Grealish. But I think it's a call for a RW player. A position currently covered mostly by Bernado but has no real starter.

Perhaps Savior or Bobb can own it and grow it. But it currently lacks a true difference maker.

Foden can't play there. If Foddn is on the wing we are weaker.

It's Doku and Grealish. But I think it's a call for a RW player. A position currently covered mostly by Bernado but has no real starter.

Perhaps Savior or Bobb can own it and grow it. But it currently lacks a true difference maker.
Disagree on this, entirely based on the personnel and setup around him/the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.