Players who might improve us

Tielemans would be great in this team. Also, never seen anyone linked with him, but Giminez from Atletico would be my ideal signing for CB. No idea why he isn't getting game-time this season, but always been very impressed.

Oriol Romeu

I know this won't go down well with all the Fifa fan boys but in terms of a proven Premier League centre midfielder who has the physical presence required to compete I think he fits the bill.

I've watched him a few times this season and I think he'd do a great job for us and wouldn't cost too much.

Must admit I'm sick of going for unproven players from other leagues when there are plenty here that would do the job with less risk.

Oriol Romeu

I know this won't go down well with all the Fifa fan boys but in terms of a proven Premier League centre midfielder who has the physical presence required to compete I think he fits the bill.

I've watched him a few times this season and I think he'd do a great job for us and wouldn't cost too much.

Must admit I'm sick of going for unproven players from other leagues when there are plenty here that would do the job with less risk.

Are you sure he's not just a Catalan Fernando? I know he was rated highly as a youngster but he's mid-twenties and only established himself as a regular at Southampton in the past few months.

Would be decent if Fernando goes though

Oriol Romeu

You know what, I was with you until you had to go insulting "Fifa fan boys" which by the way is an euphemism for those who realize football is also played outside of England. And cookie isn't half bad. Not great, bit aight. Bit you had to take a swipe while making your point. Well you shouldn't have.

By they way, who are the unproven players from other leagues that sicken you? Kompany? Zaba? Silva? Aguero? Yaya? Debryune? Sane?

This has been done to death, 75% of our best players came from those so called "unproven leagues." 8 of our top 10 players have been from those leagues. Right now, the only legitimate top 10 City player from the Sheikh era who was gotten from the "Proven" league has been Tevez.

Everyone else on that least was from the unproven leagues.

So forgive the "Fifa fan boys" for just following what recent history suggest is the better route when it comes to talent.

Rant over!

Last edited:
Cedric Soares from Southampton.

Very underrated, has a very good cross on him, works hard and is good going forward.

Oriol Romeu

I agree re: Romeu he's a tidy footballer

Romeu also a Barca academy product, I have wondered if Pep might like him before.

He's been Southamptons player of the season so far, very tidy player might not quite be good enough to start for a team as good as we want to be.

Romeu is very good option,he sits in front of the defence and works his nads off,he's happy to do the dirty stuff and he certainly doesnt take prisoners.

Southampton indeed have a few players that would make very useful squad additions here,other than those already mentioned.....Redmond is one who i think has developed brilliantly.

Think Mooy is a similar type of player to Romeu, I haven't seen Huddersfield play that much tbh but seems like a similar player who would sit in front of defence, come in action when his team is attacked otherwise spray passes when in possession.
Or maybe I'm just generalizing them because they are both Bald and play in center. lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.