Players who might improve us

Wonder if he'll go to a Real Madrid or a Dortmund etc where he'll get games. Only recently turned 18.
We'd be stupid to miss the fight for his signature, he's in the same league of midfield talent as Bellingham or De Jong.

As for the likes of Ndidi, Bissouma, I think they both aren't good enough on the ball to be 1st choice DMs. And buying 'backups' to Rodri (or anyone else) leads to stockpiling deadwood and makes the squad weaker long term - instead of providing genuine competition

We'd be stupid to miss the fight for his signature, he's in the same league of midfield talent as Bellingham or De Jong.

As for the likes of Ndidi, Bissouma, I think they both aren't good enough on the ball to be 1st choice DMs. And buying 'backups' to Rodri (or anyone else) leads to stockpiling deadwood and makes the squad weaker long term - instead of providing genuine competition
It’s definitely an area Ndidi can improve on, but I genuinely think Pep would make him the best DM in the world. Camavinga looks a real talent, hope we’re in for him.

Ndidi, been quality for 4 years, puts up Kante level numbers for tackles, interceptions etc but is much taller and still only 24. A year of learning under Pep and he'll be the best DM in the world.

Could play 2 CAMs like we used to as he covers similar ground to Fernandinho, or him & Rodri together would mean KDB etc wouldn't need to drop back. He's also played a few times at CB when needed and been decent.
Not sure he is good enough with the ball for us

Bissouma is very similar but probably more affordable/obtainable and perhaps would be more content with playing second fiddle to Rodri.
Also more suitable to our style of play. He's better on the ball and a better passer than Ndidi, while Ndidi is better defensively.

If we want a true heir to Fernandinho we should go for Denis Zakaria. He's probably somewhere inbetween Ndidi and Bissouma as far as playstyle and abilities go. 2nd best on the ball + passing and 2nd best at defending of the bunch.

However, Zakaria is extremely fast. Especially for a defensive mid. Would be ideal when we meet teams that sit back with quick attackers like United

what about kalvin philips

I know this won't be popular.

I love Ederson for his world class distribution, likable personality and calm composure but I think he's not as 'world class' in his saving as he could be, and particularly in penalties, maybe CL, it could cost us?

Maybe worth considering is Gianluigi Donnarumma. He's out of contract this summer, 22yo, 1.96m, 50% penalty saves, (Ederson has 13% penalty saves). The primary downside is he has the same poisonous agent as Haaland, Raiola!

Last edited:
I know this won't be popular.

I love Ederson for his distribution, personality and composure but I think he's not as 'world class' in his saving as he could be, and particularly in penalties, maybe CL, it could cost us?

Maybe worth considering is Gianluigi Donnarumma. He's out of contract this summer, 22yo, 1.96m, 50% penalty saves, (Ederson has 13% penalty saves). The primary downside is he has the same poisonous agent as Haaland, Raiola!

Certainly an extraordinary keeper, but that is literally the last position we will be looking at, I think

Certainly an extraordinary keeper, but that is literally the last position we will be looking at, I think
Yes I know we have other priorities ATM, but he's at the end of his contract and will be a potentially world class acquisition at a very good age.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.