Players who might improve us

Oh how football has changed talking about a number 10s defensive work
Regardless, approach the game the way he did in his own end yesterday and Pep would have a nice seat reserved for him on the bench...

Joelinton.

The man is a fucking beast! Gets stuck in, great transition linker, and can fill in upfront in a pinch!

He looked dead on his feet a few times tonight and yet went again , and again, and again!

Pep would make him 100% better and he’s already one of the biggest, strongest midfielders in the League.

Another left field choice: Hojberg from Spurs. Can sit in, put in a challenge, and got an outside shot on him. Be an excellent short-termer until the EDS/Transfer we need comes through.

Tin hat on.

Joelinton.

The man is a fucking beast! Gets stuck in, great transition linker, and can fill in upfront in a pinch!

He looked dead on his feet a few times tonight and yet went again , and again, and again!

Pep would make him 100% better and he’s already one of the biggest, strongest midfielders in the League.

Another left field choice: Hojberg from Spurs. Can sit in, put in a challenge, and got an outside shot on him. Be an excellent short-termer until the EDS/Transfer we need comes through.

Tin hat on.
We don’t see eye to eye on much in life, and Joelington is another of those occasions. He was utterly crap tonight. Probably should have been sent off and couldn’t pass a ball 5 yards.

Hojberg though is an interesting pick. Pep knows him from Bayern and is a more complete 6 than Paulinha is.

He and Romeu always impressed me to be back up 6s for us.

We don’t see eye to eye on much in life, and Joelington is another of those occasions. He was utterly crap tonight. Probably should have been sent off and couldn’t pass a ball 5 yards.

Hojberg though is an interesting pick. Pep knows him from Bayern and is a more complete 6 than Paulinha is.

He and Romeu always impressed me to be back up 6s for us.
We agree on plenty more than not. ;-) But, the “not” gets personal far too quickly. No worries…Forums can be difficult.

In Joelinton, I see the type of player we are font have. We have half a dozen small, agile, skillful midfielders and only one big strong lad on Rodri. Sadly, he’s surrounded by average workers, but I think the quality of our players would improve him tremendously.

Regardless, let’s concentrate on the positives…Hojberg could do the job for which Philips seems ill-suited in our set-up. He’d be a great short-term addition for two to three seasons.

Romeu seems more of a blunt object than Hojberg, with less attractive “Rodri-like” traits.

Either way, the more I see of Paulinha, the more I see someone who would be a liability. Got some nasty in him and Pep hates giving up the attacking free kick inside 25m. It’s Paulinha’s stock in trade!

We agree on plenty more than not. ;-) But, the “not” gets personal far too quickly. No worries…Forums can be difficult.

In Joelinton, I see the type of player we are font have. We have half a dozen small, agile, skillful midfielders and only one big strong lad on Rodri. Sadly, he’s surrounded by average workers, but I think the quality of our players would improve him tremendously.

Regardless, let’s concentrate on the positives…Hojberg could do the job for which Philips seems ill-suited in our set-up. He’d be a great short-term addition for two to three seasons.

Romeu seems more of a blunt object than Hojberg, with less attractive “Rodri-like” traits.

Either way, the more I see of Paulinha, the more I see someone who would be a liability. Got some nasty in him and Pep hates giving up the attacking free kick inside 25m. It’s Paulinha’s stock in trade!
Pep changed to 4 centre halves to win the treble for us, so anything is possible, but I don’t see huge number 8s as his next transition.

I didn’t see dribbling being his want this season either though... Nunes, Doku and Kovacic showed I was wrong.

Pep always knows he has to evolve from the previous season to stay ahead of the pack and their scouts.

However, I’ll always thing that Pep would pick an Oscar Bobb type as an 8 before Joelington. (That’s not taking onto consideration Joelington’s potential character flaws shown on the Newcastle thread).

I wonder how Bardghji will do against us in the CL? Only saw him for 30 mins against united but he looked like a natural superstar. I'd love him to be the real deal, signed up by us and set to haunt united twice a season for 15+ years. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.