Players who might improve us

Please point me to somewhere where it says the issues have been resolved and he has been cleared or punished

Exactly so how is still playing
Could the same questions be asked of a different London club? One north of the river perhaps? Certain accusations I seem to recall seem to have gone very quiet unless I missed their resolution

Last edited:
Pep changed to 4 centre halves to win the treble for us, so anything is possible, but I don’t see huge number 8s as his next transition.

I didn’t see dribbling being his want this season either though... Nunes, Doku and Kovacic showed I was wrong.

Pep always knows he has to evolve from the previous season to stay ahead of the pack and their scouts.

However, I’ll always thing that Pep would pick an Oscar Bobb type as an 8 before Joelington. (That’s not taking onto consideration Joelington’s potential character flaws shown on the Newcastle thread).
I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the new driving midfielder role in the team recently, too. A welcome twist on the midfield control we love to use to dominate. It’s a welcome addition, as it is a great Plan A on the counter, as well as relieving the pressure and putting the opposition on the back foot when that first pass breaks their press.

I think I like the idea of a Joelinton more than the actual article, as I feel we have, by far, the most skillful and technically proficient midfielders in the country, but we lack a little mettle in there. Nunes isn’t as small as I first thought, and I know Kovacic isn’t afraid of a crunching tackle, but it’s the mix of those two that would be an ideal partner and occasional respite for Rodri that we miss.

Anyway, I agree that Pep likes very versatile midfielders, who can do a few jobs for the team, and the cohesion of the dressing room is of primary concern when making additions in any area of the squad, so bringing them up through the club will always be preferred.

Bobb has had some excellent cameos recently, and it’ll be interesting to see if he can still get on the field when Doku, Grealish, Bernardo and Foden are all fit.

Speaking of Grealish, it would be nice to see him play an actual LM role with Bobb or Doku outside him. It’d give him some freedom from the “drag, drag, pass back inside” with which the entire league is now familiar and possibly release him to add some of the other aspects to his game to the mix, as I think he’s got far more shots in him than we see.

Onwards and upwards.

Speaking of Grealish, it would be nice to see him play an actual LM role with Bobb or Doku outside him. It’d give him some freedom from the “drag, drag, pass back inside” with which the entire league is now familiar and possibly release him to add some of the other aspects to his game to the mix, as I think he’s got far more shots in him than we see.

I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the new driving midfielder role in the team recently, too. A welcome twist on the midfield control we love to use to dominate. It’s a welcome addition, as it is a great Plan A on the counter, as well as relieving the pressure and putting the opposition on the back foot when that first pass breaks their press.

I think I like the idea of a Joelinton more than the actual article, as I feel we have, by far, the most skillful and technically proficient midfielders in the country, but we lack a little mettle in there. Nunes isn’t as small as I first thought, and I know Kovacic isn’t afraid of a crunching tackle, but it’s the mix of those two that would be an ideal partner and occasional respite for Rodri that we miss.

Anyway, I agree that Pep likes very versatile midfielders, who can do a few jobs for the team, and the cohesion of the dressing room is of primary concern when making additions in any area of the squad, so bringing them up through the club will always be preferred.

Bobb has had some excellent cameos recently, and it’ll be interesting to see if he can still get on the field when Doku, Grealish, Bernardo and Foden are all fit.

Onwards and upwards.
I agree. Grealish looks a threat every time he's been slid inside...he does some good stuff in that left inside channel...

Would love to see Jeremie Frimpong back for when we go with someone high and wide from right back rather than having one of the centre backs pushing into midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.