Players who might improve us

This guy or Bakayoko as the 4th wing option will be magnificent.
Buy him now, stick him in the squad, review the situation in the summer, i like this player, he is quick, hard working and determined, at 18 he has a big future ahead of him, though not necessarily at City. As for Tottenham they are penny pinching, he has a 30 million Euro buyout clause, come on City a buy out clause, that even if he can not make City standard, he is PL standard we will make money.

I watched a match between Iraq and Japan at the Asian Cup last week. He was awful. I'm sure he lost the possession more than 20 times in just 60 mins or so he played for that match! For one thing he does not have enough physicality and his style of play may be suited for La Liga, but not PL. Really, he looks like an antithesis of a player Pep wants.
It's puzzling that there are still people here who try to push him for City.

He's been mentioned, but Bakayoko. That is if Bobb isn't going to play RW. Although, we may need another if Foden is going to continue to play centrally.

I also still think Simakan would be a potentially good replacement for Walker. I'm always impressed. by him when we play Leipzig, and the admittedly few times I've watched Leipzig, he always stands out to me.

One that might sound, admittedly, a little strange. I’ve watched a fair bit of him over the years, but in terms of physicality and presence in the middle of the park, I’d be tempted to go for Joelinton from Newcastle- cue the gasps. He’s slightly shorter than Rodri, true, but he’s very strong, has great stamina and pace, and he’s equally adept at playing further forward or dropping back into the deeper role. I’m less convinced that Paqueta could deputise for Rodri in that way, but I think Joelinton could and that his other attributes could also be utilised elsewhere on the park even if Rodri were playing. He knows the league and might be available at the end of the season. As I say, a left-field one and at 28 in August I’d probably prefer a younger option, but if we fall short this season and think that a bit more experience and heft in the middle is required, I’d have a punt on him.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.