Players who might improve us

Wouldn't break the bank. Can play left back. What's not to like?

Don’t think he’s very good defensively and is he not better suited to playing as a wing-back? Personally I like Henry better for all the above you said

That might be ok for the real young talents that you land - but not for players like Gravenberch. The second team only plays 4th league - that is ok for a young talent that just comes from the youth team to get experience against men, but for a lot players getting loaned out is the next step if it is not hyper talented players like Musiala or now Tel.

He has to win himself a spot in the team - and with Kimmich being undisputeble starter no. 1 it is Goretzka, Gravenberch and Sabitzer fighting for the other spot. You should know it from your own team. There is about 2 players for every position.
We have Coman, Gnabry, Musiala, Müller, Sane, Erich Choupo-Moteng, Matys Tel and Mane fighting for four starting spots. Four players like mentioned for the 2 central/defensive midfield spot.

Gravenberch is new in the team - even came from an injury at the begin of the season. He is getting minutes in about every match - even if he just started 4.

Just as I mentioned him... After Davies and Musiala that is the next gem Bayern got - he will be good. Just 17. Came to Bayern from Rennes. Reel is from a test match against Red Bull Salzburg.

Not just dribbling but using his brain...

Fair enough. Thank you.

Bayern is your team, Frau Maldeika and that is fine. Everyone has a team.

I just feel like their business model is diety. They bought Fiete Arp from Hamburger SV. They didn't need him. The kid has made a breakthrough into the first team.

He would have likely been happy to play in Hamburg for a couple more seasons and maybe then moved elsewhere or maybe stayed. Who knows. He wasn't needed at Bayern. That I know and they knew it too IL

Yes, I know he had issues with illness and injuries but when he was fit he was playing in the Dritte Liga or with the under 23s. (Maybe it is the same).

Every team does things differently. Many German kids may want to play for Bayern. I suppose they will go even if it is just to collect splinters in their arse.

Fair enough. Thank you.

Bayern is your team, Frau Maldeika and that is fine. Everyone has a team.

I just feel like their business model is diety. They bought Fiete Arp from Hamburger SV. They didn't need him. The kid has made a breakthrough into the first team.

He would have likely been happy to play in Hamburg for a couple more seasons and maybe then moved elsewhere or maybe stayed. Who knows. He wasn't needed at Bayern. That I know and they knew it too IL

Yes, I know he had issues with illness and injuries but when he was fit he was playing in the Dritte Liga or with the under 23s. (Maybe it is the same).

Every team does things differently. Many German kids may want to play for Bayern. I suppose they will go even if it is just to collect splinters in their arse.
Fiete Arp was a hot thing then - a real young player that even did not play U19 or U23 teams for Hamburg but directly had some good games for Hamburg. Bayern was not the only club going for him - the sum that he costed and earned because of that hype was far too high for a player in that situation. Therefore it is probably "normal" that a young player takes the chances. Odegaard somehow did the same - and you might see the paralells even if I believe that Odegaard is a far bigger talent and the sums therefore and the amount of bidders was far higher.

Arp probably just was more hype... It is not just about talent but needs a lot of work, mentality (a striker has to deliver!) and luck and probably character - you need the older ones that help you or want to help you, too. You see that when you see the careers of players that made it especially the ones that did it in the big clubs without being traded or loaned before.

From the clubs it is simply a gamble. A top striker (does not matter which position) costs very big rates - that is why you try to get them young even if you might not even have the surrounding to give them the best opportunities. But - we have recently seen it with Musiala and Davies (and now I think that Tel is the next one) that it really can work. Really big talents can even make it without being loaned out etc. But it is a big gamble and for some that make it it is a lot of others that do not.

There might be talents that go for the big names when it is about a career choice - but there is others that actually go to the clubs in which the chances to play is much higher. Haaland e.g. had offers from all of the top clubs before and after he left Salzburg.

I think that central forwards in one striker systems that do not depend just on speed do need a special age and experience before they really can get top. Not every centre forward is a physical beast like e.g. Haland and what we often call goal instinct has a lot to do with experience about the gameplay and action of the defenders. Suarez, Agüero etc. took their way at first in two-striker-system. Lewandowski's track was at the beginning one that did not point out to him being a big striker somewhen as he went through the lower leagues etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.