Players with the club at heart?

bluebarn said:
Pigeonho said:
For me there is only 1 club who has players who have that club in their hearts, and that is our pauper-like neighbours over the Salford way. Scholes, Giggs and rat-face Chuckle. Rooney has united in his heart now, but as soon as taggart dies/retires, he will be off like a shot, probably to Spain or something with his new family, I know I would if I was him. Scholes and Giggs though, arguabely 2 of the finest players to grace the league in the last 15 years, 20 for giggs. Never once have they looked like showing any inkling they would leave, not even in the ealry-mid 90's when the Italians had the strongest league. They are united through and through. Actually, add Carragher to that list for the scouse. Not having Gerrard as he was close to selling out for Chelsea and although he didn't go, the fact he thought about he is enough for me to exclude him. SWP for us, went to Chelsea and rightly so as he has a few medals to his name now. Bellamy, yeah at the minute he's a blue but WHEN he moves on do you really think he'll care? No will be balls and why would/should he? 99.99% of footballers don't actually 'care' about the club they play for, as is shown with the false badge-kissing, an act I believe is tongue-in-cheek. Giggs and Scholes are an exception to the rule though, and can only be praised for that. (can't stand Chuckle so he can fuck off)

Agree that Scholes Giggs and Chuckle do have the club at heart, but it has been easy for them. They have been playing for the club at a time of unprcedented sucsess, so what is the benefit of moving on, they were on top wages at a successful club. If the rags had been a mid table club then if a CL regular came in for them they would almost certainly have moved. It's easy to be loyal when things are going well.
Exactly, they all get praised to the heavens but the fact that Giggs, Scholes, Neville have stayed their for so long doesn't prove how loyal they are. The only impressive thing about it is that they've been good enough to play for a top side for so long. If the scum had dropped out of Europe they'd have been off.

As I said earlier top players sticking with their own lesser clubs (like Steve Bull with Wolves and Matt le Tissier with Southampton) is pretty much unheard of nowadays.

Given, Bellamy and Kompany for me, they are the only 3 who look visably upset when we conceed.
The others drop their heads or stand there looking around at each other.

Kompany should be captain, he's constantly bollocking and organising everyone. Given constantly talks to the back 4 and tells Toure what to do and Toure only seems to talk to whoever is stood next to him.

Onuoha and Ireland.

Rooney's name has cropped up, but remember at Everton, when he wore a T-Shirt saying "once a blue always a blue", and how he always talked up his love of the club? Loyal my arse. I don't get why Dunne is described as being so loyal. Wasn't he sniffing around other clubs when Sven left? The best example of loyalty in football, was that Spanish player for Athletic Bilbao, who chose to play the last year of his contract for free, as a thank you to the club.

Joseba Etxeberria has signed a one-year contract extension with Athletic Bilbao which will see him play the final season of his career for nothing.

The former Spain international agreed the deal with his current contract due to expire at the end of this season.

Etxeberria said he wanted to end his career as an Athletic player, adding: "I wanted to do this gesture but never did I want to set a precedent."

Midfielder Etxeberria, 31, joined the club from Real Sociedad aged 17.

He hopes to reach the landmark of having played 500 games when he retires after a 15-year career at San Mames.

"It's an idea I've had for years," added Etxeberria, who played at the 1998 World Cup and two European Championships for Spain.

Club president Fernando Garcia Macua said: "From the club's standpoint there are not words enough to thank such a gesture."

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7649109.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 649109.stm</a>

It has to be Bellars. The man would play for free i reckon if it meant him achieving something! For those who think Ireland is the man forget it. Ireland has his heart set on erm Fortnam and Mason, Harrods and Tiffany's!! In other words spending his money rather than earning it. Lazy twat.

In having the club at heart, the likes of Nedum, SWP and Stevie spring to mind. But we've more than a few others who will play their heart out every time - Bellers, NDJ, Vinnie, Zabba to name some. I don't think we have any shortage of spirit. As most are now coming back to fitness, I'm looking forward to Mancini getting them organised, using a full and available squad properly (he's been a bit hampered with injuries and the ACN up to now) and pushing for the top 3... starting tonight!

People need to stop living in a quaint fantasy world where the players adore their clubs and would die for them.

Our players play for us as we pay more money than your average Prem side and we have a decent shot at a trophy or top 4 finish.

They'd be off like a shot if more money and trophies were offered to them.

It's just a fact of life.

How many posters on here would turn down a new job doing the same thing but for more money and prestige? Very, very few.

Why do we expect footballers to adhere to a standard that we ourselves would never practice?

TheMightyQuinn said:
People need to stop living in a quaint fantasy world where the players adore their clubs and would die for them.

Our players play for us as we pay more money than your average Prem side and we have a decent shot at a trophy or top 4 finish.

How many posters on here would turn down a new job doing the same thing but for more money and prestige? Very, very few.

Why do we expect footballers to adhere to a standard that we ourselves would never practice?

You're absolutely right, TMQ.

All this "playing for the shirt" business is fan fantasy.

Didsbury Dave said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

You're absolutely right, TMQ.

All this "playing for the shirt" business is fan fantasy.

Fans are so easily duped though.

Hence you have Robbie Keane repeatedly signing for his 'boyhood club' and all the rest.

I'm not under any illusions, if a bigger, better, club comes in for any of our players then why on earth would they stay?

People need to remember that the psychology of a 'fan' and a 'player' are absolutely poles apart.

Greenjob said:
It has to be Bellars. The man would play for free i reckon if it meant him achieving something! For those who think Ireland is the man forget it. Ireland has his heart set on erm Fortnam and Mason, Harrods and Tiffany's!! In other words spending his money rather than earning it. Lazy twat.

Who are you trying to kid?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.