Players You Have Met

Crouchinho

Team supported
Tottenham Hotspur
Anyone met a professional footballer? How were they? Down to earth? Arrogant? Wanker?

I once had a drink with Steve Sedgley, great bloke. Had a chat for an hour or two about Spurs and footy. He seemed really embarrassed to be on a top wage, when I got it out of him it was 750 quid a week. He almost seemed apologetic he was on so much! Now you get players like Titus Bramble on 40k a week and Jordan Henderson 80k!

Met Barry Venison in a bar in Southampton once, (he was playing foer them) he got let in the back door, saw him, went to say hello and he looked petrified, I just said 'Hello Barry, what's going on then?' He thought I was having a go at him for using the back entrance and said 'hi. sorry I don't usually do that, just feeling a bit down today' I just laughed and said 'fuck that, I couldn't give a shit about that! Let me buy you a drink!'

he asked for a coke, I asked why only that and he just said he wasn't up to having a beer. had a ten minute chat with him, nice bloke but just seemed really edgy so I left him to it.

Found out later that two days previous his brother had blown his own brains out with a shotgun. Oops......

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/news/footballers-brother-in-gun-death-1266014.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/news/footb ... 66014.html</a>

Fabien Barthez - and what an arrogant **** he was. I used to operate a truck mounted cherry picker and we got a job on 1 deansgate(swanky apartments) .
All the residents were told that the car park would be closed until 5 pm because my machine was going to be taking up all the space. They got two weeks notice and were told again the day before.

This **** still rocked up about 2PM and preceded to lean on his horn for about 60 seconds and gesticulate out of the window for us to move.
I just ignored the ****. The bloke working in the cage with me said we'd better go down and move.
At this stage I didn't even know it was him, I just thought it was someone being a ****. He leaned on his horn for another minute and I leaned over the cage and told him to go and fuck himself.

Cue the site agent, running over like a fat Seb Coe and shouting at us to come down, which we did.
Now I was already in a bad mood, I shouldn't really have been working because I was waiting for a double hip replacement and every step was agony. To make it worse, I'd been stuck in Manchester all week, 8 hours a day in the cage with no overtime. The usual was about 2-3 hours work(but we got paid for 8) and 5-6 hours travel, and I was already feeling narked.

Then I noticed the **** beeping his horn as though he'd got it for xmas was that **** Barthez.
The site agent was flapping like a woman and telling me to move my machine. I saw who it was and decided to be as obstreperous as I possibly could. We then had a quick argument because he had earlier assured me that once I had set up I wouldn't have to move.

I made sure I took as long as possible to stow the machine away and even rolled a fag before climbing into the cab to move it. Then I gave the bald headed rag **** the finger as he drove past, revving the bollocks out of his motor but refusing to make eye contact.

Fabien Barthez you are a ****.

Bojinov - nice bloke

Martin Petrov - nice bloke but a bit moody

Roy Keane - **** of the highest order, reaffirmed why I despise him so much. Had the pleasure of calling him a prick (i was about 14 so young enough to get away with it, but I did shit a brick after I'd said it!)

Brian Kidd came to our school to present some end of year awards and he was brilliant.
And whenever I've been to watch training he always lets on to everyone watching. Top bloke.

Also met Andy Gray (Crystal Palace player not the (Talkshite) Jock), who was a really good lad. He was retired and iirc an agent by then.

Petrov,Hughes & Bellamy all arrogant cunts.

Rest of the 1st team seemed ok.

Zaba,Nigel De Jong,Kolo,SWP,Onouha & Stevie Ireland were great to chat to. De Jong was really down to earth and Zaba was great spoke to me like he wasn't a footballer with loads of money.Kolo came across as a nice guy more than happy to take pictures and sign autographs.

Out of everyone i've met through City Gary Cook was the best person to talk to spoke with him for about 20mins at the awards 2 years ago. Told me how dead set the owners are at making us the best and that they won't give up till we are.Also told me we'd sign Messi & Ronaldo 1 day (bull shitting t**t).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.