Players You Have Met

Met quite a few of the top of my head joe hart was a top bloke happily posed for a pic with me smashed after the Newcastle game, met anelka few times he was a nice bloke aswell, nicky weaver was a twat who just thought he was big time. Quinn and summerbee jnr and ant came in the vic in Alty once when I was a kid with my old man and I played the summerbees at table football and won haha nicky summerbee seemed abut moody. I sat with Malcolm Allison for hours talking football and he started crying when he was telling me all about Geoff hurst and when he was there in 66, really nice bloke RIP

Given a few rags shit like fletcher and van horse head but they took it well unlike rio, what a wanker he was

Was in Swansea yesterday and called in to a pub for a pint. Sat outside with a couple of blokes and a gigantic wavelike gravity defying quiff walked up the road with a very attractive blonde. Michael Laudrup ambled past and said "few beers in the sunshine?" Just looked silently in awe at the sheer size of his hair, and great legs on his blonde bird.

sir peace frog said:
i work at mcr airport so i have met loads of footballers over the years,roy keane is a right moody fucker big niall quinn is a top bloke,,met james milner the other day he was off to ireland playing golf.

also many years ago i met paul mcgrath in the loos of the kenny (cheadke hulme) he was pissed out of his head.

david white in the wembley hilton miserable fucker.
uwe at the wembley hilton top bloke.

eric nixon threatened to do me becaus ehe said i had nicked a girls handbag.

dennis king of all geordies(had a travel agents in c/hulme.

also met the whole of the city squad at the wembley hilton,also kammy,and mark halsey(again in a bog)

had a good drink with norman whiteside many years ago he had just retired,top bloke.

when i was very small my mum used to take me to sandringham fields in cheadle hulme ,city used to train there now and again.

also do the city team flight when we first signed robinho,they were flying with jet2

and the most famous football was (spelling) shevkenko,when we played whoever they were cant remember,got a 6 month warning for getting a photo of him.

finally,i had a friend whose dad knew someone at city,he got us tickets for the players lounge,it was the game lakey had the fit,think ipswich cant remember,anyway i was quite young and excited when we got into the players lounge there was no fucker there,they had gone to see lakey in hospital,talking of lakey met him in bramhall park,he was a quality bloke.

oooops sorry to waffle.

What was in the handbag?

Lee peacock (remember him?!!), Nicky Weaver, Michael Brown, Jeff and Jim Whitley all the time drinking around Cheadle, all fairly alright lads but young, rich and enjoyed a bit too much booze at the time. Peacock was the the nicest of the lot by the way!

Went with my dad to a do at city and met Glynn Pardoe (miserable git) and tommy booth, he was my dads hero along with mike Doyle so I went up to chat and my dad and I had a few bevies with him then got invited to a strip club with him, sadly didnt go, top bloke though.

Peter Schmeichel, Beckham, Bruce - used to work in John Lewis as a kid and helped them with shopping etc Beckham and Bruce were fine and talkative but Schmeichel just pointed and grunted.

Used to play football with the McNabb twins and met Neil a few times, the only reason they were at city were because of him as they were supremely gash at football.

Grew up with Danny Pugh ex rags now Leeds I think. Alright lax to be fair.

Years ago I was driving a cab to make extra money. I picked up this player from a sportsmans dinner where he was the speaker.
I drove him quite a distance and as I did , he did his speech for me in the car.
He was funny as fuck and a top geezer . He gave me a £5 tip too.
Frank Worthington.

Met Lescott before the F.A cup winners parade and said to him ' Good goal the other week.' Referring to the goal where it bounced of his shoulder then went in at Bolton last game of the season. He seemed a very nice guy and signed my cup final match programme!

Joe Hart - top bloke, met him a few times and always smiles and shook hands.

SWP - same as above.

Micah - possibly the nicest bloke in football, offered to buy him a drink in Hale but he bought mine and a few more after.

AJ - complete dickhead, I held a door open for him and congratulated him on winning the title and he stated "who are you, exactly?". I reminded him that I paid his overinflated wages and he soon pissed off.

Mario - met him twice, once at Midnight Mass in Chorlton and another at my Muay Thai gym where he'd just finished a 1-2-1. Top geezer.

Dunney - lovely bloke, had a chat with him outside the Printworks one night.

Elano and Robhino - met them in a Brazilian restauraunt in town on my birthday. I was telling the Brazilian waiter that I was a blue (my birthday cake had city colours) and then he got those two over. Nice guys.

Martin Petrov - met him in the physio. Nice guy, if a little shy.

De Jong - accidently kicked a football towards his families picnic in Dunham Massey, rolled into his wife's leg. Ran over and almost shit myself when I saw Nige sat there! Friendly guy though and had a brief kickabout.

Nasri and Clichy - met in Selfridges the day before the United game, chatted to both in French about United and also the Euros. Told Clichy he should be ahead of Evra in the French team, he described Evra as a 'connard' - make of that what you will.

Distin, Saha and Fellani were on a flight from Paris to Manchester and sat next to me on the plane. All were complete dickheads, Saha completely ignored me despite sitting right next to me literally ignored me as if I wasn't there.

Ian Rush ok to chat to
Ronnie Whelan good craic
Paul Walsh enjoyed a chat
Alan Kennedy great laugh and up for most things
David Fairclough bit up himself
Nicky Weaver sound and happy to pose for pictures and autographs at a City away game
Tommy Caton again happy to sign autographs
Andy Morrison one of my favourites really down to earth
Tony Book a true gentleman
Tommy Booth someone who was great laugh and could keep you entertained all day
Ron Yeats up for anything, was in Coleraine for a few days and ended up attending my mates surprise 40th birthday party along with his wife, my mate who is Liverpool fan couldn't believe it
Ally McCoist really sound, met him in street and he asked where we were going as he had to be somewhere, told him name of bar and he says see you in there tomorrow at 2, we though yea right but he turned up and spent all afternoon with us
Ian Durrant prick
Walter Smith like Skip a gentleman
Stuart McCall had few pints and good laugh
Terry Butcher same as McCall
Steven Lomas known since he was kid
Barry Hunter same as Lomas

I'm sure there are others that will come to mind

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.