Player's you wished never joined Manchester City.

The Cyber Goat said:
Mcminium and fowler complete shite! And nigel clough (believe the contact peter reid give him STILL has 2 years left!!)

Reid was long gone before Clough came in.

He was one of Alan Ball's strokes of genius. God that man was shit in the transfer market. Getting rid of Walsh for Creaney and selling all our promising young players like Flitcroft and replacing them with shite. What a prick.

An endless list - the rubbish we have had over the years !!

For all the people who have joined the Forum in the last couple of weeks, this topic comes up in various guises every two or three weeks. Just like a repeat on the BBC.

You still have to have a look though.

Fowler.

Got nothing against the player himself, and I quite liked him at City, but, signing him pretty much prevented us from progressing and building on a decent first season back in the Prem.

The signing of Fowler led to the resignation of Bernstein. That opened the door for Keegan to bring in more shite players like McManaman, Mills, Thatcher, etc etc. The following season we had well too many players who became has-beens at City. Also, we had Anelka who was shit hot with Fowler up front which never worked yet Keegan persisted in playing them together. (Remember Belmadi and Anelka up front against Fulham? 4-1?! Then Keegan insisted on dropping Belmadi for Fowler for the next game against West Brom and we lost 2-1?) The signing of Fowler halted our progress by 2 years and eventually led to Keegan's resignation/sacking.

lionheart said:
Mick Channon
Kevin Reeves
Steve Daley
Keith Curle
Uwe Rosler
Andrew Cole

My favourites;
Dennis Tueart
Mike Doyle
Asa Hartford
Gary Owen
Naill Quinn
Willie Donachie
WHAT?

n_mcfc said:
Fowler.

Got nothing against the player himself, and I quite liked him at City, but, signing him pretty much prevented us from progressing and building on a decent first season back in the Prem.

The signing of Fowler led to the resignation of Bernstein. That opened the door for Keegan to bring in more shite players like McManaman, Mills, Thatcher, etc etc. The following season we had well too many players who became has-beens at City. Also, we had Anelka who was shit hot with Fowler up front which never worked yet Keegan persisted in playing them together. (Remember Belmadi and Anelka up front against Fulham? 4-1?! Then Keegan insisted on dropping Belmadi for Fowler for the next game against West Brom and we lost 2-1?) The signing of Fowler halted our progress by 2 years and eventually led to Keegan's resignation/sacking.
Spot on 100% mate, Anelka and Goater were making a brilliant partnership and Fowler forced the Goat out of the club due to lack of 1st team football. Also Wanchope and Anelka were awesome together, never worked with Fowler though. Although I must admit I got giddy when we signed him.

ifiwasarichfan said:
An endless list - the rubbish we have had over the years !!

For all the people who have joined the Forum in the last couple of weeks, this topic comes up in various guises every two or three weeks. Just like a repeat on the BBC.

You still have to have a look though.
It's a bit like reality TV, so bad its hard to tear yourself away. Car crash TV.

Spencer Prior was another crap player, he always used to stand of his man and let him run at him. And when it's the likes of Henry who was running at the plonker the ball always ended in our fucking net.

10.Goater_Legend said:
n_mcfc said:
Fowler.

Spot on 100% mate, Anelka and Goater were making a brilliant partnership and Fowler forced the Goat out of the club due to lack of 1st team football. Also Wanchope and Anelka were awesome together, never worked with Fowler though. Although I must admit I got giddy when we signed him.

I was over the moon when we signed him. But like you said, when you look at the Goat's scoring record in the Premier League, it's still very impressive. 11 goals in 2000-01 when we went down and was injured for 3-4 months. 7 goals in 14 appearances in 2002-03. He did have a very impressive strike partnership with Anelka, Wanchope and even Huckerby. Whoever played with the Goat flourished. If Wanchope would've remained fit for 2002-03, I doubt Keegan would have even considered buying Fowler.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.