Playing out from the back (The 'Ederson' Factor)

This isnt the Ederson performance thread guys,its a discussion about other teams emulating/implementing a system like ours.

If you wish to discuss how cool/amazing our keeper is....then please do so here

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/t...18-performances.329505/page-156#post-10799763

Cheers

I think the way he plays will honestly change the game. We literally have 11 players. He probably used his hands about 5 times yesterday but he was immense. The one where he came off his line was brilliant. I absolutely love the mad fucker.

Hart was great for us but this guy is on another level.

the newcastle keeper who has been very good 1st half.... was also trying playing from the back

our style of playing is definitely playing a part

I'm sure some teams, not those managed by English coaches, will start to realise that playing it to your defenders is a better way to ensure possession and therefore field position than lumping it to a 'big man' and hoping to win a second ball.

the newcastle keeper who has been very good 1st half.... was also trying playing from the back

our style of playing is definitely playing a part
Ive noticed it with a few teams,some you really wouldn't expect,such as West Brom.

The keeper takes possession and the centre halves split and go wide,while a midfielder makes himself available centrally.If the confidence and the passing ability is up to it,then it offers a wealth of options.

It's not just how good Ederson's passes are that makes us a little different, Pep has the players moving into certain areas on the pitch to receive them. The central roll out pass to Fernandinho is a perfect example. Ederson knows a player is going to move into that area so he always has that option in his mind.

I think it will become the norm. Young children want to emulate their hero’s and I bet Ederson is certainly becoming one of them. As they get older their football teachers and coaches will develop it.
Of course the team, as posters have said, will need to adapt, but again I think defenders will enjoy this new way. Perhaps kids will enjoy playing in defence rather than one of forty midfielders?

I agree, coach it from an early age, make it the norm. Just dont expect big barry from the dog n duck fc to become all john stones all of a sudden.

As an aside, im not sure pitches in this country make it easy to play ‘football’.
Had a pint yesterday with a guy who runs a huge junior football team in cheadle hulme. He said theyve not played for months and 4G is too expensive to hire other than one offs.

All clubs are begging the leagues to be ran around the school calendar. Sept to july and scrub dec and jan off the fixtures.
Anyway... i digress. Its lovely to see out manager changing the way people think football should be played in this country

A similar thing happened in Ireland with the Dublin Gaelic football team . The goalkeeper was as good if not better than Ederson with his passing and influencing games so much that the other teams started to adopt similar tactics. Dublin have been in complete domination for several years. To limit the advantage from this tactic the rule has changed this year and all kickouts must now travel 21 metres.

A similar thing happened in Ireland with the Dublin Gaelic football team . The goalkeeper was as good if not better than Ederson with his passing and influencing games so much that the other teams started to adopt similar tactics. Dublin have been in complete domination for several years. To limit the advantage from this tactic the rule has changed this year and all kickouts must now travel 21 metres.
Kerry started that short passing type kickout c2004 due to the Ulster teams flooding midfield with the half forward and half back lines. Unfortunately now the game has since become more and more about hand passing and less about skillful kicking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.