Please help..

leipzigblue said:
Let the lads enjoy the experience. It's not every day you get the chance to go to the other side of the world and discover new cultures and make new friends.
I guarantee you that he'll come back buzzing about the trip and he'll have a different, more mature outlook on life.
And is it really more dangerous than a Manchester taxi rank queue on a rainy Saturday night after the clubs have shut?

yeah thats the way Im trying to look at it mate, thanks for the reassurance ;) we dont live in Manchester, were in Oz but I get your point.<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:51 pm --<br /><br />
BimboBob said:
Listen to this and shout "bummed to death" at the end of any chorus.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klVe7_2UEQ8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

thanks mate, if your ever worried about summat, please remind me to be a complete cock and take the piss

pee dubya said:
Unless he does something silly, he'll be alright. The places he'll be going, there are a lot of other tourists there, the vast majority have no real problems. For 6 weeks, there's a decent chance someone will try and nick something from him at some point (most of the time scams/pickpocket/bag snatch etc), but if he has a bit of common sense then it's unlikely he'll be in much danger.

I was there for 8 months and only once did i feel in any actual danger, and even then i was still in control of the situation.

It was easily the best time of my life so far!

And i agree a bit of spanish will make his experience a more enjoyable.

Cheers mate, he has been assuring me for a while that the places they are staying are full of tourists but that thousands of other young people have a great time and come back with no problems, theyve researched things a bit and seem to know what theyre talking about, but of course its great to hear it from someone with recent experiance...8 months is a long time , were you working there ? also is there any certain things he should not eat ?............Im guessing as theyre staying in hostels theyll pick up lots of advice form other travellers of their age.
He's still my little boy (in my head) and is the world to me...so its driving me a bit crazy this, Im actually quite depressed and not sleeping much.

He's not going to Malawi so he has les chance of getting shits or seeing an elephant

TFC said:
He'll be reet if he sticks to the beaten paths. Mate of mine has just done a shitload of traveling down there with no bother.

Cheers TFC, he only went on Friday so maybe after a week or so I'll be over this horrible bloody feeling

nimrod said:
pee dubya said:
Unless he does something silly, he'll be alright. The places he'll be going, there are a lot of other tourists there, the vast majority have no real problems. For 6 weeks, there's a decent chance someone will try and nick something from him at some point (most of the time scams/pickpocket/bag snatch etc), but if he has a bit of common sense then it's unlikely he'll be in much danger.

I was there for 8 months and only once did i feel in any actual danger, and even then i was still in control of the situation.

Cheers mate, he has been assuring me for a while that the places they are staying are full of tourists but that thousands of other young people have a great time and come back with no problems, theyve researched things a bit and seem to know what theyre talking about, but of course its great to hear it from someone with recent experiance...8 months is a long time , were you working there ? also is there any certain things he should not eat ?............Im guessing as theyre staying in hostels theyll pick up lots of advice form other travellers of their age.
He's still my little boy (in my head) and is the world to me...so its driving me a bit crazy this, Im actually quite depressed and not sleeping much.
Yeah, genuinely in all the big cities there's a pretty defined tourist area where all the hostels and stuff are. They're usually pretty well policed, with the odd exception, and safe enough especially if you're with other folk. The vast majority of crime is opportunistic and so easy to avoid if you're careful. I did some work for board and keep along the way, it's really easy to find, i was on farms but hostels are always looking for someone to work behind a bar or on reception.

Eating, it totally depends which country he's in. In Argentina and Colombia he can eat anything but in Bolivia nothing that's likely to involve unboiled water. He'll get sick at some point, almost everyone does, but it'll probably just be the shits for a few days.

He'll be home before you know it, eating you out of house and home, borrowing your car and cadging money off you.

Columbia though? All those drug cartels. They'll probably think he's CIA, FBI or the US Marine Corps.

LKIAz.gif

jimharri said:
He'll be home before you know it, eating you out of house and home, borrowing your car and cadging money off you.

Columbia though? All those drug cartels. They'll probably think he's CIA, FBI or the US Marine Corps.

LKIAz.gif
Haha Colombia's great, i'd recommend anyone to go there. Back home Shakira's just average.

pee dubya said:
nimrod said:
pee dubya said:

Yeah, genuinely in all the big cities there's a pretty defined tourist area where all the hostels and stuff are. They're usually pretty well policed, with the odd exception, and safe enough especially if you're with other folk. The vast majority of crime is opportunistic and so easy to avoid if you're careful. I did some work for board and keep along the way, it's really easy to find, i was on farms but hostels are always looking for someone to work behind a bar or on reception.

Eating, it totally depends which country he's in. In Argentina and Colombia he can eat anything but in Bolivia nothing that's likely to involve unboiled water. He'll get sick at some point, almost everyone does, but it'll probably just be the shits for a few days.

many thanks for that mate.....I might pick your brains a bit more before the 6 weeks is up if thats ok ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.