PLEASE, PLEASE don't call him SPARKY

"the red ba" is on the telly my youngest son shouts, if he repeated what i call him he`ll get a clip round the ear lol

ps i`m on the fence about him lol

zeusbheld said:
allyboy said:
Now , now idiotboy (you started it)
I think you'll find the rag filth named him that, if you'd taken the care to read the OP properly.
That makes it a rag nickname.

Couldn't give a fuck who else call it him after.

rag filth = his schoolboy friends in Wrexham?

by most accounts (except yours) that's where it comes from. (yeah i googled him a lot when Frank signed him.)

It is commonly thought that Big Ron coined his nickname "Sparky", intending it ironically. Hughes puts me right on this. "It was from school, where all the lads were named after comics. One lad was Beano, and I was Sparky. Unfortunately it followed me to United, because I played against a lad for Wrexham Schools who United signed. But Ron certainly kept it going." (source article, from The Independent)

My uncle used to ref schoolboy football in the wrexham area and he said he had sparky as a nickname when he was 14 and played for ruabon grammar

baldybouncer said:
How about Sparkles then!

haha id be up for that- one of my best mates got nicknamed sparkles only a few years ago and its never been forgotten..(long story involving the lead singer of an aussie band that took a shining to him) funnily enough, my mates name is mark too!

hjohn said:
zeusbheld said:
allyboy said:
Now , now idiotboy (you started it)
I think you'll find the rag filth named him that, if you'd taken the care to read the OP properly.
That makes it a rag nickname.

Couldn't give a fuck who else call it him after.

rag filth = his schoolboy friends in Wrexham?

by most accounts (except yours) that's where it comes from. (yeah i googled him a lot when Frank signed him.)

It is commonly thought that Big Ron coined his nickname "Sparky", intending it ironically. Hughes puts me right on this. "It was from school, where all the lads were named after comics. One lad was Beano, and I was Sparky. Unfortunately it followed me to United, because I played against a lad for Wrexham Schools who United signed. But Ron certainly kept it going." (source article, from The Independent)

My uncle used to ref schoolboy football in the wrexham area and he said he had sparky as a nickname when he was 14 and played for ruabon grammar

I played in the same school footie team as Mark at Ruabon Grammar School, and we called him Sparky then, cant remember if it was down to a comic name or not, but i can confirm it was a name he got long before his football career.

Surely it should be Hughesy...?

Really don't like Les, smacks of playground bullying, which a lot on here have a sad penchant for!

;-p

1.618034 said:
Surely it should be Hughesy...?

Really don't like Les, smacks of playground bullying, which a lot on here have a sad penchant for!

;-p

Exactly. Sure that a lot of people on here have what they think of as embarrasing middle name, and would hate to have that used " against them ".

allyboy said:
That's what the streford filth named him.
Its their nickname, so its filth, like massive.

It's creeping in to our faithfull and I don't like it.

Rules is rules.

Have to agree with you there Brother.
It's Mark Hughes for me...... end of

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.