Please Stop Saying United are in decline

tommyducks said:
I am loving it because every time I say it they get more and more petulant. Apparently now, both Ronaldo and Tevez were over-rated.

What goes around comes around. If and when we lose to a Brighton/Forest etc, they will be back to rub our noses in it. All the more reason to take every opportunity to rub their noses in the fact that they can no longer compete with us when we come calling for their players.

United are in decline.

I agree what goes around comes around. but it hasn't come around yet!

Let's not jump the gun because you look stupid if you've been giving it all out and they stuff us early next season.

What a killjoy thread get a grip the rags love taking the p*ss every chance they get so why the heck shouldn't we enjoy the chance?? I agree yes they will probably spend well BUT the point is they now appear to be in a sell before they can buy situation (that is if the press quotes of £100 million budget are true thats also why they tried to get Tevez cheap before the tranny deal)

OP Yes they may buy well, then again they may not, they may buy superstars who turn out to be appalling (veron), they may buy unknown players who turn out to be superstars ( Ronaldo ). They may be a force next year and maybe the year after but the facts are there and the cracks are forming.

There best players want to leave and top players arent forming queues to join them. Teams around them are strengthening and thats not just the top 4 im talking about. There squad is aging and there is no money to replace and no wonderkids coming through either. The manager is aging and is no longer feared and reviled the way he once was.

Yes you are correct in that they won the league this year and many may disagree but i dont think they were great this year and won the league with a large slice of luck and dodgy refereeing decisions. So yes you are correct to say that they will be a force next year as they still have enough residual strength and power to bully there way past alot of teams but i think you are wrong to say they are not in decline.

Didsbury Dave said:
tommyducks said:
I am loving it because every time I say it they get more and more petulant. Apparently now, both Ronaldo and Tevez were over-rated.

What goes around comes around. If and when we lose to a Brighton/Forest etc, they will be back to rub our noses in it. All the more reason to take every opportunity to rub their noses in the fact that they can no longer compete with us when we come calling for their players.

United are in decline.

I agree what goes around comes around. but it hasn't come around yet!

Let's not jump the gun because you look stupid if you've been giving it all out and they stuff us early next season.
If you never took the p!ss for fear you would look stupid in the future, there would be no football banter whatsoever. They are hurting so badly at the moment, and suffering severe sense of humour bypass syndrome. Not to rub it in would be criminal.

When baconface leaves they wont be the force they have been. That day will be a day to behold, and I for one will be having a party.
As for next season its going to be very interesting, could we finnish higher than them?
I certainly hope so.

The Fat el Hombre said:
aarond said:
Our squad has competition for places in every position (except rightback)

Zab and Micah.

I think he meant to say, our squad has DECENT competition for places in every position (except right back), ;)

Totally agree with DD.

Been here before when the likes of Cantona, Ince, Kanchelski's left.

Just end up looking daft when they have another successful season the year after.

I don't think united will ever be out of the top 4, we just have to concentrate on joining (the top 4) and competing with them.

danham said:
Totally agree with DD.

Been here before when the likes of Cantona, Ince, Kanchelski's left.

Just end up looking daft when they have another successful season the year after.

I don't think united will ever be out of the top 4, we just have to concentrate on joining (the top 4) and competing with them.

And it also makes them daft when they constantly say "City are shit," "shitty City" etc. Then we beat them.
It works both ways, it what makes the rivalry all the more interesting!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.