Point gained or two dropped.......

City Raider said:
marcspurs said:
Definitely point gained, we have an abysmal record there... happy to get a point and have some home games coming up, 6 of our last 8 were away and now just 3 away games left and 7 at home....

City will have to find an away win from somewhere to finish top 4.....

We have Wet Spam, Wigan, Brum, Stoke, Blackpool, WBA, Arsenal at home.... 6 wins = 18 pts..... gives us 66 pts..... with our away games at Pool, City and Chelsea to play....

If you win you 3 homes games (leaving the Spurs game aside), leaves you with 62, even allowing for a win over Spurs as a "gimme" gives you 65.... so you still need to find an away win from somewhere.....

Change the win over Spurs to a loss (for arguments sake) you have 62, we have 69 and it will be almost game over.....

I posted on here in January before you played Arsenal away and said away form and away games will be crucial in the run in to the end of the season, 2 months and no away wins for City later, I stand by my comment.....

Long way to go yet, and fatigue could also play a key role.... we have just 2 more games this month (only one in the PL)....

right so a win against arsenal is a given eh? your post looks pathetic after that assumption

He's listed 7 home games and said 6 wins = 18 points. I'm assuming he has the Arse game down as a Spurs loss.

deano ou812 said:
Andouble said:
I'd be chuffed if we got a draw at Chelsea, considering Spurs play West Ham at home that weekend.
same here although at the moment west ham are one of the form teams are they not,some decent results would love this to be a draw as well...

true, but getting a result at WHL is a tough ask

marcspurs said:
We have Wet Spam, Wigan, Brum, Stoke, Blackpool, WBA, Arsenal at home.... 6 wins = 18 pts.....
You're right, it does equal 18 points. However, I'll guarantee that you won't win 6 of those 7 games, which throws all your ridiculously presumptious mathematics into disarray.

Dubai Blue said:
marcspurs said:
We have Wet Spam, Wigan, Brum, Stoke, Blackpool, WBA, Arsenal at home.... 6 wins = 18 pts.....
You're right, it does equal 18 points. However, I'll guarantee that you won't win 6 of those 7 games, which throws all your ridiculously presumptious mathematics into disarray.

Totally agree...you are not undefeated at home. Teams like blackpool, wigan, brum, wba, stoke, West ham...they are going to give you very good games.

They are all hungry to stay up. They will take points from you.

Have you not seen how some of the bottom teams have started to pick up themselves? They will be dangerous to play at this time and they will fight to the end.

So why are you so confident?

marco said:
def 2 dropped, i have spuds down to do us at home more of a safety match for us and we will still finish above them, todays draw for spurs means that it could take them 1 win and 2 draws to leap us this leaving them with only 7 games, should we beat them at home 'a 6 pointer' then another 2 games to leap us leaving 5 games for them to increse points on us
mad mathamatician i am

Or two victories giving them only 8 games...

Gotta account for the worst case scenario, and Spurs can do it more easily than your method...

City Raider said:
marcspurs said:
Definitely point gained, we have an abysmal record there... happy to get a point and have some home games coming up, 6 of our last 8 were away and now just 3 away games left and 7 at home....

City will have to find an away win from somewhere to finish top 4.....

We have Wet Spam, Wigan, Brum, Stoke, Blackpool, WBA, Arsenal at home.... 6 wins = 18 pts..... gives us 66 pts..... with our away games at Pool, City and Chelsea to play....

If you win you 3 homes games (leaving the Spurs game aside), leaves you with 62, even allowing for a win over Spurs as a "gimme" gives you 65.... so you still need to find an away win from somewhere.....

Change the win over Spurs to a loss (for arguments sake) you have 62, we have 69 and it will be almost game over.....

I posted on here in January before you played Arsenal away and said away form and away games will be crucial in the run in to the end of the season, 2 months and no away wins for City later, I stand by my comment.....

Long way to go yet, and fatigue could also play a key role.... we have just 2 more games this month (only one in the PL)....

right so a win against arsenal is a given eh? your post looks pathetic after that assumption

he acts like winning against blackpool is a given too! what happened the last time you two played again?

neither west ham wigan nor blackpool are guaranteed 3 points, let alone a team fighting for the prem league title

Definitely 1 point gained.

Wolves were disallowed a perfectly good goal and Spurs should have been down to 10 men before half time.

They were the better side on the balance of play but lack that class required to finish off a side like Spurs and struggle to keep a clean sheet.

Poor decisions cost Wolves the match and two valuable points to help their cause.

Spurs have a lot of talent in midfield and speed out wide but are very frail in defense and in general are overrated IMO.

All things being equal and bad refereeing decisions aside over the course of 38 games the current City and Chelsea sides should finish ahead of Spurs but yesterday was another example of a referee lacking the courage and competence to ensure the best side on the day got all three points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.