Poland v England | World Cup Qualifier

Hmmm ok it didn't read like that, despite his preference for defence over attack he's still been more successful than most managers we've had.
I did acknowledge that whilst not being too impressed with what it actually means. It’s not a subject I care enough about to argue the toss either way though so all good. :-)

He’s wank mate. Nice guy but lucky as fuck to be where he is with the players he has and the opposition he’s faced. Saying he’s the second most successful coach England have had whilst factual, doesn’t tell the full story. This is why England will never win a tournament. Too easily pleased. Not you necessarily but large swathes of the population think getting deep into tournaments is good enough. I think we are going to blow any chance of a trophy whilst a lame manager stays in charge of one of the most talented groups of players we’ve ever had.
Other opinions are welcome but to not see the wasted opportunity this squad has seems neglectful in the extreme.
I don’t think it’s that the squad is that great, but that the level of the other teams is way off what it has been historically, that’s why there’s a chance. He’s an international manager, there’s no time to coach, just pick the most players that play in the same team week in week out, and he’s done that. Good job…. when there has been tactical decisions to be made after opposition changes, he’s been found wanting. Not sure who else wants the job, I’d give it Eddie Howe.

I enjoyed that game,and i haven't been able to say that too many times about a Southgate team.Just a shame the Dullard didn't have the foresight/awareness to alter proceedings before the equaliser predictably arrived.

Positive signs though......Mount and Grealish have formed an excellent understanding and our defence looks very settled.

Awesome and very classy response to the booing by Lewandowski - an all round top player and man.

Dont get me wrong Walker didn't cover himself in glory getting skinned, but the commentary were wrong to single it out in the build up to a goal. Mount should of cleared the ball after Walker was skinned.

Thought Stones was motm he played well vs Lewa. Dont want to sound paranoid but if Maguire had defended against Lewa like that, there would of been a love in. Calling him the standout player of the night.

Dont get me wrong Walker didn't cover himself in glory getting skinned, but the commentary were wrong to single it out in the build up to a goal. Mount should of cleared the ball after Walker was skinned.

Thought Stones was motm he played well vs Lewa. Dont want to sound paranoid but if Maguire had defended against Lewa like that, there would of been a love in. Calling him the standout player of the night.
Boulders got my motm as well.

while the FA are pulling the strings, Pep will not go near the job, nor will he be considered. Both want full control. Incompatible. I only watch england when City players are involved, and last night just grateful the thuggish behaviour of the opponents left our lads relatively unscathed, the ref was utterly f'kin useless.
Southgate got the job by being "southgate" so expecting him to be a bit "cavalier" is unrealistic, imo, just not in his m.o. anyway onwards and sidewards......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.