Police

and also, I made lots of mistakes-the reality was that those that did very little didn't make many mistakes-if you were as busy as I was as a young pc you made mistakes-it was part and parcel.

I don’t doubt it mate. Sorry didn’t mean to sound like an arse, just thought from your first post that bragging about fucking up a burglary investigation with an old lady wasn’t the best of posts.

All good pal.

I don’t doubt it mate. Sorry didn’t mean to sound like an arse, just thought from your first post that bragging about fucking up a burglary investigation with an old lady wasn’t the best of posts.

All good pal.
No, you’re right-of course prob a poor joke because of how it sounds-I learnt a v valuable lesson that day though-and really as a novice you’ve got to learn from your cock ups..

No, you’re right-of course prob a poor joke because of how it sounds-I learnt a v valuable lesson that day though-and really as a novice you’ve got to learn from your cock ups..
Eggs and omelettes, if you don't make mistakes you can't learn from them.

What
Probably my most embarrassing experience was as a probationer one night shift i was in the office transcribing one of my taped interviews (in those days you did it yourself) so I had headphones on..

Just down the corridor was the snooker room which had a fruit machine and a table tennis table.

At around 3am I heard a loud bang, and I thought, 'blimey, somebody just hit something very hard against something very hard-they must be in a mood.'..and carried on doing my transcript..

About 5am, I went out for a dive before the Inspector shouted up and wanted everyone back in the nick quick smart.

He was fuming-somebody had burgled the nick-climbed up the drainpipe in through the toilet window and then smashed open the fruit machine (turns out it was 3 of them using a sledge hammer) and made off with all the money..

'Bert!! Weren't you in the room next door?'..

'Never heard a thing Sir!'
What Nick was that at?!!

That story isn’t as funny as you think it is.

I disagree. I hate criminals too. I’ve been burgled once and had personal possessions robbed too. I can’t be too mad once insurance replaces them.

I’ve lost money in finance and mislaid important records in law.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.