Police

Seems my request/advert/hint has fallen on deaf ears. Oh well, I'll stick the post on RAWK, might have more luck.

What’s the funniest thing you ever arrested someone for?
I can tell you the funniest thing I didn’t arrest someone for:

Called to a house burglary in progress; hurried to address and spoke to a big blond lad inside, gave him my details, contact number and victim care package. Top service..

Upon leaving I thought I’d speak to the old dear who called it in..reassure her.

‘Can you describe the man you saw?’

‘Yes, he was a big blond lad-I saw him kick the bottom door panel in’

Oh, ffs!

I never uttered a word of it.

Probably my most embarrassing experience was as a probationer one night shift i was in the office transcribing one of my taped interviews (in those days you did it yourself) so I had headphones on..

Just down the corridor was the snooker room which had a fruit machine and a table tennis table.

At around 3am I heard a loud bang, and I thought, 'blimey, somebody just hit something very hard against something very hard-they must be in a mood.'..and carried on doing my transcript..

About 5am, I went out for a dive before the Inspector shouted up and wanted everyone back in the nick quick smart.

He was fuming-somebody had burgled the nick-climbed up the drainpipe in through the toilet window and then smashed open the fruit machine (turns out it was 3 of them using a sledge hammer) and made off with all the money..

'Bert!! Weren't you in the room next door?'..

'Never heard a thing Sir!'

I can tell you the funniest thing I didn’t arrest someone for:

Called to a house burglary in progress; hurried to address and spoke to a big blond lad inside, gave him my details, contact number and victim care package. Top service..

Upon leaving I thought I’d speak to the old dear who called it in..reassure her.

‘Can you describe the man you saw?’

‘Yes, he was a big blond lad-I saw him kick the bottom door panel in’

Oh, ffs!

I never uttered a word of it.

That story isn’t as funny as you think it is.

That story isn’t as funny as you think it is.

sorry-it really was-it was 1996, I can't exactly go back in time

but just for you (deary me)

the lad was the previous tenant-I had met him several times, inc at the address in question-it was a run down flat in a block of run down flats

the place was empty

he was after the copper piping

he didn't take anything

the bottom panel in the door was literally made of cardboard

I apologise profusely-I wrongly assumed he still lived there (because I believed his lies) so yes, I couldve nicked him for burglary with intent but literally nothing would have come of it.

..and it makes a shit anecdote.

sorry-it really was-it was 1996, I can't exactly go back in time

but just for you (deary me)

the lad was the previous tenant-I had met hime several times, inc at the address in question-it was a run down flat in a block of run down flats

the place was empty

he was after the copper piping

he didn't take anything

the bottom panel in the door was literally made of cardboard

I apologise profusely-so yes, I couldve nicked him for burglary with intent but literally nothing would have come of it.

That description is a far cry from the ineptitude described in your first post

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.