Political relations between UK-EU

I’ve had one Ford, and it was a fine. It’s often the luck of the draw.

Do you remember the old British Leyland advert with the sniffer robots?
We had a mini metro that constantly leaked, reckon the robot must have had a cold that day.

Metro's were wank. Brother in law had a black MG metro - he worked in town and parked up a side street in the Angel Meadow area and it got nicked. Two days later the thieves brought it back and parked it near to where they took it from lol

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. Just about everyone gave funding to different people to find a vaccine it's just this one in the news right now.
It was something everyone said the world should avoid, all the leaders agreed it should be a world together on this one.
That soon went out of the window.

It really is Stamping of feet.

I can't see the Demands being made to the USA right now who also are getting the same vaccines the EU are short of wherever they are made.

I do the believe though the call would go something like this.

EU. We are short of some vaccines and we DEMAND some of yours that are being delivered as you have a few more than us.

USA. Fuck off

EU. OK

The Eu wouldn’t be talking to the US about it, they’d be talking to AstraZeneca.

The article I quoted about was public and private and did state the latter of which you said, it also stated national funding wise, the UK was top in Europe.

Yeah but the article you quoted was about Covid research in general, that includes a shedload of things, I was just talking about the AstraZeneca vaccine.

I’m not surprised we’re at or near the top of the overall one though. We’ve got some of the best researchers and facilities in the world and have always been brilliant at funding it. Well, less so over recent years, but it turbocharged again with the pandemic.

The Eu wouldn’t be talking to the US about it, they’d be talking to AstraZeneca.

Meeting over.

Constructive tone in our exchange with AstraZeneca CEO Pascal Soriot, in our Vaccine Steering Board, on deliveries of their vaccine following approval. The EU remains united & firm. Contractual obligations must be met, vaccines must be delivered to EU citizens.

We regret the continued lack of clarity on the delivery schedule and request a clear plan from AstraZeneca for the fast delivery of the quantity of vaccines that we reserved for Q1. We will work with the company to find solutions and deliver vaccines rapidly for EU citizens.’
@EUCommissionHealth

The EU also get the Pfizer/Biontech vaccine.
There is also a supply shortfall from them.
Why no Demand for that vaccine from the USA production as well.

I imagine because Pfizer didn’t commit to use that manufacturing chain to fulfil the demand as part of their contract.

The EU also get the Pfizer/Biontech vaccine.
There is also a supply shortfall from them.
Why no Demand for that vaccine from the USA production as well.

Pfizer have just finished the plant upgrade and have committed to making up the shortfall from this month in February.

The upgrade was cleared by the EU.

Metro's were wank. Brother in law had a black MG metro - he worked in town and parked up a side street in the Angel Meadow area and it got nicked. Two days later the thieves brought it back and parked it near to where they took it from lol
All stolen cars in Manchester used to end up in that area. My brother had his Ford Capri nicked about 3 times and each time I’d drive him round Ancoats and Miles Platting till we found it.

Pfizer have just finished the plant upgrade and have committed to making up the shortfall from this month in February.

The upgrade was cleared by the EU.

It’s impacting everyone too isn’t it, so they clearly haven’t made similar mistakes in conflicting obligations with their supply chain.

I imagine because Pfizer didn’t commit to use that manufacturing chain to fulfil the demand as part of their contract.
So the same as the UK manufacturing firstly for the UK chain which as been stated both by AZ and the UK goverment. An agreement set up before the EU one.
Surely the EU does not have the right to demand the breaking of someone elses contract to resolve their own broken contract.
What if there is another production issue in 3 months.
Does the next country who were expecting their delivery to start then say production for the EU should go to them ?
Where does it end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.