Poll: Blue Shorts

Sky blue shirt - white trim only
White shorts
Sky blue socks - with white trim... and preferably maroon turnovers.

That is how it always should be - people should be able to look at us run out on a pitch and say "That is Man City", not... "is that Coventry?"

Got to be A Blue Shirts, White Shorts. By the way, really disappointed to lose the iconic maroon tops to the socks...

The blue shorts de-value the most recognised colours in English football. No-one has sky blue shirts and white shorts, only us.

City fans really do go 'traditional' on this - and to an extent I understand and agree with it - but the last decent team we had (back in the mid / late 70's) played for a number of seasons in a full sky blue kit (was also the first one I ever owned).

Frankly, if we give a decent tilt at the EPL and ECL next season, I'll deal with it in white, sky blue - or a hooped combination of the two if that is waht it takes.

citiblue375 said:
City fans really do go 'traditional' on this - and to an extent I understand and agree with it - but the last decent team we had (back in the mid / late 70's) played for a number of seasons in a full sky blue kit (was also the first one I ever owned).

Frankly, if we give a decent tilt at the EPL and ECL next season, I'll deal with it in white, sky blue - or a hooped combination of the two if that is waht it takes.

I'm not an expert on this era at all, but Gary James in an earlier post outlined that the change to blue shorts actually coincided with a a period of rapid decline at the club. Blue shorts just never looks like City to me, we wear white shorts.

A

As some one else said it is very strange to me that the club would choose this season of all seasons to move away from the uniquely identifiable colour scheme. Right now we could be Lazio, Coventry City, or some lowly pub team in Gloucester. It is not the end of world, mind you, it just seems a poor business decision.

Shaelumstash said:
Can someone please make a poll on this as I can't do it. Mods please don't merge this with the home kit thread, it's a different point.

This thread is to make it as easy as possible for City and Umbro to see fans opinion on the blue shorts.

Even if you are not much bothered either way, be interesting what the majority of fans would like.

Q. Given the choice, which strip would you prefer City to wear...

A. Blue shirts, white shorts, blue socks.

or

B. Blue shirts, blue shorts, stripy socks

I'm honestly not fucking arsed! Shorts can be white or sky for me, and socks can be blue White or navy for me. As long as the shirt is sky blue it's all good. I mean, come on, get a grip. I think the whole kit is fresh and new and looks great!

There should be a protest to have red fucked off from this club forevermore but too many Raggy fools can't see it. Red is hideous, truly hideous! City fans didn't want red in the 60's but the club didn't listen to anyone and went along with Alison wanting to City to be another club instead of being the best we can be, Manchester City Football Club. Red is dirty, it's scummy and should have nothing to do with us!

Blue shorts; White shorts... at least they're City colours!

BRING BACK MAROON FOR OUR AWAY!

-- Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:02 pm --

dario2739 said:
White shorts

That is how it always should be - people should be able to look at us run out on a pitch and say "That is Man City", not... "is that Coventry?"
Is that Coventry?
mcth_6.jpg

oh, no, it's plainly fucking obvious that it's Manchester City!<br /><br />-- Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:03 pm --<br /><br />
Shaelumstash said:
citiblue375 said:

I'm not an expert on this era at all, but Gary James in an earlier post outlined that the change to blue shorts actually coincided with a a period of rapid decline at the club. Blue shorts just never looks like City to me, we wear white shorts.
Yeah, yeah it was the shorts that made us decline! Nothing to do with stupid cunts in charge!

danburge82 said:
Shaelumstash said:
Can someone please make a poll on this as I can't do it. Mods please don't merge this with the home kit thread, it's a different point.

This thread is to make it as easy as possible for City and Umbro to see fans opinion on the blue shorts.

Even if you are not much bothered either way, be interesting what the majority of fans would like.

Q. Given the choice, which strip would you prefer City to wear...

A. Blue shirts, white shorts, blue socks.

or

B. Blue shirts, blue shorts, stripy socks

I'm honestly not fucking arsed! Shorts can be white or sky for me, and socks can be blue White or navy for me. As long as the shirt is sky blue it's all good. I mean, come on, get a grip. I think the whole kit is fresh and new and looks great!

There should be a protest to have red fucked off from this club forevermore but too many Raggy fools can't see it. Red is hideous, truly hideous! City fans didn't want red in the 60's but the club didn't listen to anyone and went along with Alison wanting to City to be another club instead of being the best we can be, Manchester City Football Club. Red is dirty, it's scummy and should have nothing to do with us!

Blue shorts; White shorts... at least they're City colours!

BRING BACK MAROON FOR OUR AWAY!

-- Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:02 pm --

dario2739 said:
White shorts

Is that Coventry?
mcth_6.jpg

oh, no, it's plainly fucking obvious that it's Manchester City!

-- Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:03 pm --

Shaelumstash said:
citiblue375 said:

Yeah, yeah it was the shorts that made us decline! Nothing to do with stupid cunts in charge!

That why I said 'coincided' as opposed to 'caused'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.