• Yaya Toure

Votes: 140 34.6%
  • Fernandinho

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Kevin De Bruyne

Votes: 9 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
David Silva, I'm sure people can pick out bigger moments for Yaya because he has had more big match winning moments but we are not talking about moments. We are talking about a full decade of influence. David Silva has simply been more a of a team player, with more consistency, with a much greater longevity than Yaya. Where as, Yaya for me at his best, was more about individual moments of brilliance.

Personally, I'd put Fernandinho closer to Silva than Yaya, Ferna has been hugely important to City since he arrived at the club. I like attacking play myself but I think it's unfair to settle it on just goals or assists for a midfield debate. For me it's who's been the example we want set for the role they are asked to do for the team, week in-week out, over the last decade.

Last edited:
its hard to pick as all four bring something different to the midfield. Yaya with his bulldozing runs just swatting defenders out of his way. KDB great all round game with great free kicks and unplayable crosses. Fernandinho our stopper in midfield seeing so many counter attacks sniffed out by him. Silva seeing passes that us humans cant see, linking our midfield to attack.

I am going to say Silva but just !!

Ferna has been hugely important to City since he arrived at the club. I like attacking play myself but I think it's unfair to settle it on just goals or assists for a midfield debate.
Absolutely, and Fernadhino often sets up the set up, he might not score many, or even directly assist, but without his winning the ball and then head up going forward with it, we wouldn't have won the league last year imho, its been a priveledge to watch all 4 of them, and to now see Fernandhino doing a job at CB is quite remarkable, and a mark of how good he is.

David Silva for me. Probably the greatest player to ever wear the shirt.

I won't be alone shedding a tear next May when he leaves. Won't be ashamed of it either

Yaya never really came back from the 2014 world cup so I don't think he's really got any chance of coming out on top of this, despite how good he was in those first 4 seasons.

Yaya .For.. 1.Top scorer 2014.2.Barnstorming runs resulting in worldy goals 3 never missed a penalty and the occasional top draw free kick.Against.1. had to lie down after his runs 2 His agent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.