• Yaya Toure

Votes: 140 34.6%
  • Fernandinho

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Kevin De Bruyne

Votes: 9 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Strategically it's Silva, but influence has to be Toure.
Without him we don't win against United in the FA Cup Semi in 2011or at Newcastle in the penultimate game of 2012. His best year in 2014 when he won us so many games almost single handedly. The outrageous goal in the LC final against Sunderland when we were struggling in the game. The final penalty in the LC final against the scousers in 2016. His influence declined after this period but this was critical to our rise. Hard to say but without him I don't think we win any of those trophies.

Last edited:
I looked at this and thought first and foremost contribution and consistency over a lengthy period. Yaya and Kev have been at peak only for 2/3 seasons for us (for different reasons). Dave I love but I would edge it to Fernandinho for his all round consistent excellence and influence on the rest of the team.

I would wander down to the ground on matchday and if either or both of David Silva or Yaya Toure weren't in the team my reaction was Oh fuckin' hell! I feel the same these days when Ferny is out and wonder who is gonna drive the machine if Kevin is sidelined. David Silva, never getting into a PL TotS, was utterly sublime. Even now, in the twilight of his career I cannot tell which way he is gonna turn or where the pass is goin'! We have suffered grievously this season with Ferny moving from his dominant role as DM, but the one teams found just too much and an overwhelming force was Yaya. His goals, like the Aguero goal, were crucial. I will never tire of watching the goals he got at Newcastle and Wembley. Could anyone else have scored that goal against Sunderland! He was a cultured beast of a player!

I'd say Silva is the best of the decade, but because of his pivotal goals at vital stages of our development, Toure is the most influential

David Silva. Best i've seen in a City shirt.
Hopefully The Prince will take over that mantle in a few years because there's no doubting he's a special player but he's a long way to go.

Has to be Silva constantly his levels has been so high. Arguably the best midfielder in the league this decade not just here. Lacks the odd goal but controls a game like no other at times. He will be so hard to fully replace.

Yaya easily. But I'm sure Silva's classy personality will get him more votes over Yaya's terrible off field antics.

But Yaya it is.
Nowt to do with 'personality'.
Banging in a few crucial goals is nowhere near as influential as running the midfield. setting the tempo, battling like hell and continuously scoring and making goals for ten years.

Influential? Fernandinho. He is who enabled Yaya to be who he was for City, allowed Silva not to have to defend, and KDB hadn’t been here long enough to count.

That said, to think they ALL starred for City this last decade tells me I have been privileged to see 4 of the best players to EVER wear the shirt.
I voted for Silva but I think you've changed my mind (can't change the vote though sadly). This summer coming Silva will get his full decade up which is why I initially went for him, Yaya had 7+1 seasons (can't count the last one I'm afraid) in which he ran the show along with Silva and Kevs only had 5. But you're right in that neither Yaya or Silva would have had as much influence in games without Fern behind them. A true legend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.