Poor treatment of bar staff

I have dealt with F3 on a number of occasions...
Money grabbing company who’s only interest is to provide the lowest possible service at the highest possible price.
TBH, my only interaction with them is at the Etihad when I buy a pint and a pie and we must be lucky because the supervisors and kids at the bar near 101 are really top notch. Friendly and provide good service. Hopefully City manage the hell out of the contract with them, have tight service levels agreed and monitor the service rigorously. Sadly, from my experience that type of active management is the exception rather than the rule.

There's just no need for people to be utter arseholes. Yes, queues are long, yes it can take ages to get served, but it's not the staff's fault. City need to do more to protect their staff and sanctions should be taken against the idiots who behave this way.

Not quite true.
If there is no actual contract in law you fall back on what is known as an implied contract.
This is just as binding.
I have won an employment case where the terms of an implied contract over rode an actual contract.
In some ways an implied contract can be more benificial to an employee than having an actual contract.

No sorry legally a contract has to be awarded, legislation states that you have to have been given a statement of main terms within 8 weeks of employment

https://www.gov.uk/employment-contracts-and-conditions/written-statement-of-employment-particulars

Last edited:
No sorry legally a contract has to be awarded, legislation states that you have to have been given a statement of main terms within 8 weeks of employment

https://www.gov.uk/employment-contracts-and-conditions/written-statement-of-employment-particulars

Agree on the point re providing a writtten contract within 2 months but the implied contract is critical. If your contract says you get x but in reality you get y - ultimately y becomes applicable if it suits you because it’s indicative of the way the contract is being enforced.

To be honest my daughter worked at City on the catering side when Lindley were in charge and the bullying came from the jumped up staff supposedly in charge,who got off by screaming at the staff in a group,clueless behaviour from staff who ought to have known better.

To be honest my daughter worked at City on the catering side when Lindley were in charge and the bullying came from the jumped up staff supposedly in charge,who got off by screaming at the staff in a group,clueless behaviour from staff who ought to have known better.
And has got even worse under present management.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.