popular myths and misconceptions

talkativesprout said:
goon said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Yep, and I'm not taking the piss on this, "Man Has Landed On The Moon", anyone who knows owt about physics knows that this didn't happen!! Scary should keep it to football, less chance of dying accidentally in a car crash!!

Please explain. I only have a degree in physics and am confident that we have been there. What makes you think they haven't?

Can I ask what you do for a living ?

Yes you certainly can. I am involved in science education at further and university level.

talkativesprout said:
goon said:
talkativesprout said:
What do you do for a living ?

Sorry mate. Answered you above. I realised I was being facetious and edited my post.

id say succinct, tbh. When you say involved, do you wash test tubes for scrotes, or are you at the cutting edge of nano bio-tech ?

I lecture in physics and science education as well as work with schools and colleges in the South Yorkshire and East Midlands area. More at the cutting edge of education than at the cutting edge of science.

goon said:
talkativesprout said:
goon said:
Sorry mate. Answered you above. I realised I was being facetious and edited my post.

id say succinct, tbh. When you say involved, do you wash test tubes for scrotes, or are you at the cutting edge of nano bio-tech ?

I lecture in physics and science education as well as work with schools and colleges in the South Yorkshire and East Midlands area. More at the cutting edge of education than at the cutting edge of science.

At this point i shall try to moonwalk out of a potentially embarrassing situation for me. If its true mate, hat doffed. I remember being overwhelmed by the science of the world, more questions than answers and such.

masterwig said:
Adam Johnson can't get a game at City.

Heard it countless times off morons who seem to have got the impression that we're ruining him by leaving him on the bench.

THIS x1000. Also 'why does Mancini insist on starting him on the right, he's a natural left winger', NO HE'S NOT.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:38 pm --<br /><br />
ono said:
City related

Mancini is too negative/holding us back and was only successful in Italy because of the match-fixing scandal.

Lescott isn't any good

Barry isn't any good

We play with 3 defensive midfielders

Yaya is on £220k p/w

Tevez is on £250k p/w

Without Tevez we struggle (despite having a higher win percentage)

Balotelli gave £1000 to a tramp

We have no team spirit

Everyone who joins only comes for the money

We have a poor defense

Other football

Liverpool have spent wisely

United aren't that good (sorry, but they must be....)

Arsenal need a midfield destroyer

Vermaelen is brilliant (anyone remember the notice up in our changing rooms before the game - he has no positional sense and we need to exploit it. 3 of the 4 goals we scored that day were down to him being caught out of position on the counter.

Downing is shit

Blackpool went down playing great football

Tottenham play great attacking football all the time

Very good list.

Sir Alex Ferguson doesn't really know Joe 'the fixer' Sim and doesn't mind if people have their mobile phone's on in the back 'entertainment room' because he's never been 'entertained' in there before....... In fact he's never been there before because he doesn't even know him!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.