Porto memories

• Had a brilliant day with my lad, so good after all the stress of getting covid tests booked and waiting for results
  • Got a spot at a bar at top of that Riberia Sq by the river, beers and food all afternoon
  • Had a good long chat with Nedum Onouha at stadium - what a top top nice fella he is
  • Same as this "The look of dejection on my face at 18:45 Saturday, seeing the team sheet & thinking "he's done it again"
  • Getting beer inside the ground and then finding out alcohol free - bastards never said !
  • Sitting on coach for 2 hours waiting to go back to airport
  • Sitting on plane for two hours after missing our take off slot and pushed to back of queue

Brilliant day just spoiled by Pep and still fecked off with him. Told him he's sleeping in the spare room until at least next weekend !

Zabba and Andy Morrison taking time for photos, Kompany driving off avoiding fans when we needed a Captain to lift the us Sunday morning.
Andy walked passsed us in to the square and I said to my lad lets grab a pic with him. My lad goes no leave him, it's not fair, doesn't want to be hassled. Like f**k he didn't want to be hassled - Andy then walks into the masses a few yards from us and was loving it, pics with everyone :-)

Andy walked passsed us in to the square and I said to my lad lets grab a pic with him. My lad goes no leave him, it's not fair, doesn't want to be hassled. Like f**k he didn't want to be hassled - Andy then walks into the masses a few yards from us and was loving it, pics with everyone :-)
We ended up in the hotel where the staff and guests were staying

Sat chatting to Andy for about an hour over a few beers and a bit of grub

3 euros a pint... cheapest we paid all day !!!

The trip was incredible.

Standard airport beers bit great to see you @CtidBlueMooner! Getting 'recognised' by a group of lads snd lasses as zabaleta which continued throughout the trip as we seemed to bump into them everywhere was great.

Lovely meal first night then off to the square under the bridge for some beers and a sing song. Chatting shit on the balcony in our apartment till the early hours.

Waking up giddy Saturday, sampling the delights of the local bakery for breakfast before walking into town. Encountered a peacock and it's babies before finding a bar in an incredible location built into the cliff. Stayed there for a few hours before heading back to the square under the bridge, saw people I hadn't seen in years singing/dancing/drinking in the sun. Incredible day.

Found a great little bar near the ground and chatted to some good Chelsea lads.

Fast forward past the game and after we found a blue strugglinv back to the coaches so we helped him along, hope you got home ok Roger!

Sunday was fab, bit of exploring round the old town and another cracking meal dowm by the river before heading back home.

Great trip, great memories, hopefully we can do it all again soon enough

Great trip as normal with all the blues boys Thursday to Sunday the only thing that didn't turn up was peps selection

Walked up from the river to the metro station with a great bunch of lads that I met in town having lunch... we had a few beers in the afternoon... The lad in front of me is getting my Metro ticket.. the Portuguese lad at the machine only gives him one ticket and a local behind him insists I go to the back of the queue for mine... The machine operator tells me there's a machine round the corner that won't have a queue... Happy days, I get my ticket and one of the staff in the station directs me to the platform... For the chavs line... Fucking nightmare 10 mins with them screaming cockerney songs till we get to the stop.. There's a walk because the station at the ground was closed pre-game and I ended up walking with the Chavs to the stadium perimeter then walking all the way round the fucking place to get to my entrance... All because of a mardarse local cnut who wouldn't give me 2 mins to get my ticket from the 1st machine..

Overall (with the exception of the team selection and the result) I had an amazing weekend... Around £1000 altogether for 97 minutes of football but it was the best atmosphere I've ever experienced... Especially down by the river!!

Did anybody try one of the local Porto specialities.. the toastie with steak, bacon, egg, cheese and the spicy sauce? Can't recall the name of it but it began with an F

Had one in the square by the town hall and boy was it good...

Sandwich, big platter of chips, free small beer and a free espresso... 10.50 Euro

I'm going back there for another one day.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.