Porto memories

Did anybody try one of the local Porto specialities.. the toastie with steak, bacon, egg, cheese and the spicy sauce? Can't recall the name of it but it began with an F

Had one in the square by the town hall and boy was it good...
Sandwich, big platter of chips, free small beer and a free espresso... 10.50 Euro
I'm going back there for another one day.....
Oh yes we had the Francesinha at a small bar over the river. cost a few Euro more and had a fried egg on top. I tried to post a pic but it kept saying it was too large; @Ric needs to put another shilling in the meter.
Same bar also served beer without a German style mega-head in very large pot tankards.
Later we found a very small bar that had run out of beer so we had to drink cider. I think we had the last few bottles as they were soon down to wine and spirits.
I had thirty years of good days out ruined by the 90 minutes in the middle. It's nice to be reminded of the old days: Typical City.

We were in a lovely little bar on the Friday night. Near the end I asked the woman about the Port, she showed me a few bottles but I said I wanted a good one. She found a dusty one, 7 euros a glass. We had one but then asked for another, at first she didnt want to serve me because it was near closing and you can't rush drinking it !!!! Who can't:-)

Did anybody get to Albufeira?

We were originally supposed to be staying there Friday and Sunday night and driving up to Porto on Saturday morning, but we sacked it off for the free trip

Got the train up from Albuferia sat morning
We looked into the train but the prices were going up and up

What was Albufeira like. I heard it kicked off on Wednesday night between rags watching their game and some early arriving blues?

Was a top trip ,3 top all dayers on the smash,down the river was mint,fuckin awsome turn out by the blues,deffo my best european to date,loved every min of it,bar the game,top top trip tho

Great trip apart from the obvious. However just took the dog for a walk and the backs of my legs were fucked, did anyone else leave Porto thinking they were owed 5 miles of downhill? Felt like uphill all the way
Mate, my calves and thighs keep cramping. On the day of the game my mate had his Apple Watch on and we walked 11.9 miles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.