Portugal v France - Fri 5th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Quarter-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ronaldo is just a tourist attraction. He stopped being a footballer a while ago.

Didn’t watch the second half or pens, but just read that when João Félix missed his pen the entire Portuguese team ran to him to console him. Except for one player….

I wonder if his teammates have ever considered 'plotting' against him by asking for him to be dropped or at least subbed after 70 mins.

Perhaps deciding not to pass to him would have forced managements hand and then he could have gone home in a strop.

Surely no player will want him lining up on the pitch at the next WC.

Hope France win the title without scoring a single field goal.
Next time all teams will follow that successful road,
more than already.
Hallelujah.

Ronaldo in this tournament has been one of the most ludicrous things I’ve seen in the game
A once great player, reduced to over exaggerated histrionics, hideous posturing every time the camera is on him, pretending to cry, and all his team mates and manager terrified of upsetting him so letting him do as he wishes.

Taking frees from any side or angle and going for goal but getting nowhere near it.

Screaming at the sky before a free kick in some new thing that you would see on WWE wrestling

Staring into a camera when he’s in the middle of a team huddle in a half time team talk.
Agreed, I do like Ronaldo but this is at least one if not two tournaments too far and the retirement league where he’s now playing is about right for him.
Two or three times when there’s been a Portuguese free kick from an angle, I’ve said out loud “call their bluff and cross it” but no, he’s had to have a go.
Another poster put, he would have been used coming on for the last 20 minutes or so and giving it a full blast. I find it daft that Martinez has not had it in him to not sub him off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.