Positive news about Corona Virus Updates

Korea new daily infections today... 39.

2 days in a row with a 25% decline each day in new cases. Still worth waiting to see how the week or so plays out rather than daily updates but this is good news.

I'll await reading about this in our headlines...

Ahhh to have an organised government with a competent track and trace system hey

As you are a decent poster, albeit both a Sweaty & a Bhoy, we'll let you off this time but no second chances.

I'm filling up here. I will try not to do it again. In my own defence, I had been drinking and missread the title. I'm not going to give up drinking though. Not in this heat. I'll take my chances. :)

How do you know?
How do you know?

Scientists and history of pandemics. There has never been one that didn't have at least one resurgence. The black death travelled about Europe for centuries. More recently, the Spanish Flu killed more second wave. The R number is nearly at 1 again and especially in England it's coming back I think. Lockdown has now gone from a disease control to a psychological endurance test and opening up with the R number as high indicates very strongly that we aren't even at the edge of the woods, never mind out of them.

The Track and Trace depends upon Johnson and his Jockey getting that right. They've fucked it up so far, so confidence isn't exactly sky high. When the figures come in shortly, I hope our longer lockdown is extended up here.

I'm.not talking about our scientists, they have lain down to political pressure. But, the vast majority not shackled to the politics of it are clear it's coming. I hope they're wrong, but as I said, if it doesn't it will be the only one that didn't have at least one additional wave. People returning to work after so many have broken the rules will see it run rampant, unless of course the T & T is robust.

It’s strange how it flips between feeling positive then negative daily. Karol Sikora is getting stick on twitter now when a few days ago his positivity was welcomed.
I guess looking at the UK’s figures in comparison to the rest of Europe (nay the world) it’s hard to spin anything positive from that. It’s also been a while since we’ve heard any vaccine/treatment updates.

Can we leave all this none positive discussion to the other threads for the disease please?

Agreed. Nowt against @Magicpole as he seems a good chap but I go to this thread as a hope to try and naively escape the crushing feeling of hopelessness that is surrounding us. It's in here now too. Please, please keep it in other thread people. This thread is more important to some than maybe others realise :)

Agreed. Nowt against @Magicpole as he seems a good chap but I go to this thread as a hope to try and naively escape the crushing feeling of hopelessness that is surrounding us. It's in here now too. Please, please keep it in other thread people. This thread is more important to some than maybe others realise :)
Totally agree. For reasons that are in the Let's talk thread i am on 2 immune suppressants (3 when lockdown started) and am in the very high risk category and haven't set foot outside my front door since March 2nd. I'm shit scared for the long term about this virus and this thread whenever it appears at the top of the page offers a little bit of hope.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.