Positive news about Corona Virus Updates

While Shattock hopes the Imperial vaccine works against Covid-19, his team see it very much as the future. “The next time there is a pandemic, we hope this technology will be ready to be produced in many parts of the world much, much more rapidly. We are at a transition point. In five years’ time probably everybody will be using this sort of technology for outbreak pathogens.
It’s fast and it’s cheap. If it works, it may mean vaccines not only against viral outbreaks but also against the endemic neglected diseases that afflict low-income countries, where there has been little incentive in the past for companies to get involved.

If we can take something from this shitstorm (amongst other things) perhaps we'll be part of the generations that had to go through this for the sake of future generations (before they become cyborgs at least)...

It’s fast and it’s cheap. If it works, it may mean vaccines not only against viral outbreaks but also against the endemic neglected diseases that afflict low-income countries, where there has been little incentive in the past for companies to get involved.

The virologist Peter Koshinsky referred to the positive off shoots of this global, collaborative research...perhaps finally finding a cure for the common cold in the process (amongst others).

Would be rather ironic that at a time when more people than ever are likely to be out of work, we develop the cure to the thing that has led to the most days off work. ;-)

If we can take something from this shitstorm (amongst other things) perhaps we'll be part of the generations that had to go through this for the sake of future generations (before they become cyborgs at least)...

We’re likely to be living thus from now until say October (Oxford trial results) or spring next year (other results come in), and even once a vaccine is discovered, it will take a long time to readjust. It will thus have been a rather prolonged period of shit rather than a storm. :-). However, I do agree, I think that society will determine that health is more important and protection via such new vaccines needs to be designed for and accessible to everyone.

We’re likely to be living thus from now until say October (Oxford trial results) or spring next year (other results come in), and even once a vaccine is discovered, it will take a long time to readjust. It will thus have been a rather prolonged period of shit rather than a storm. :-). However, I do agree, I think that society will determine that health is more important and protection via such new vaccines needs to be designed for and accessible to everyone.

Iceage/Shit-age then!

I posted here a couple of weeks ago saying my wife who had Coronavirus was being discharged from Hospital
She had follow up swabs today and it's gone!!!
How relieved iam
NOW COME ON CITY!!!!!
Good stuff!

You’ll be back getting on each others’ nerves in no time!

My Mother was ill with a virus (not COVID) in the Winter and my Dad said it was the quietest the house had been in years and as soon as she was better Hermann Göring was back running the house and he was busier than ever doing all the things on the new list she’d drawn up while she was ill! Haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.