Positives from today`s match

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
And there was me thinking Micah was our best right back? Ah well.

And for me today Zaba tried and worked hard but was just ok.

Yer miserable sod, Nelly. He was way better than alright. He was head an' shoulders more urgent and determined that any of the other skyblue shirts.
For me we lost the game in midfield - largely because we played a 3 man midfield against their 4/5. And Zab is not good enough in there. yes he's committed, but he's not got the quality.

Richards has been City's best full back this season. Good in defence and good going forward.

When you bring on Vieira from the subs bench you know you are in trouble. and then you hear from Mancini that SWP and mancini were not fully fit yet on the bench. The squad is stretched to the limit.

The positive was we got a point. That is something and might be the difference in the end.

Adam Johnson was in a box behind us and said he will be playing again in 2/3 weeks.

Balo's goal (but not his performance)

Lescott and zabaleta, the latter for application and effort but not final ball.

It stopped raining before full time.

Tevez City said:
Zabaleta was outstanding today, I think he is our best right back and should play there regularly.

Really? What about Richards when he's fit?

Positives? We're still third.<br /><br />-- Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:08 am --<br /><br />
BillyShears said:
Balo's performance was a big positive for me.

And this too.

Zabaleta? Seriously? The amount of misplayed passes plus the ones he sailed nearly out of the stadium somehow prevent me from declaring him MotM. And no, I don't care who bought him.

And they wouldn't have scored if Lescott had cleared the damn ball instead of watching it roll in front of him to the Fulham player.

the beer in the Knott was good, 10cc were enjoyable and the chinese buffet was ace

prior to that the day was frustratingly shite

taconinja said:
Zabaleta? Seriously? The amount of misplayed passes plus the ones he sailed nearly out of the stadium somehow prevent me from declaring him MotM. And no, I don't care who bought him.

And they wouldn't have scored if Lescott had cleared the damn ball instead of watching it roll in front of him to the Fulham player.
Not watched any TV, but I thought AJ smashed it cross vfery well for Duff. Lescott had a good game. I'm probably wrong

Marvin said:
Not watched any TV, but I thought AJ smashed it cross vfery well for Duff. Lescott had a good game. I'm probably wrong
He did have a good game for the most part although he's hopeless when it comes to passing. He just lumps it as hard as he can. When the cross was made he was between the Fulham player with Kolo (I believe) on the other side of the Fulham player. It looked like he left it on purpose. Maybe he thought he would knock it towards goal (possible), but it appeared he had enough space to kick it back towards the Fulham player.

taconinja said:

Or kolarov didn't have lead in his boots or Balo had gone with his man(Duff)

As for Zaba,he's our 2nd best rightback and nothing more than a player with average ability who gives 100%.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.