Positives from today`s match

*singingtheblues* said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Lescott and Barry were very good. Zab battled but his poor distribution and lack of pace hindered us going forward

In all seriousness, despite the bemusement with which Vieira's introduction was met, his introduction and the change of formation that followed resulted in us being much more threatening in possession.

I'll never be able to comprehend how Vieira appears more mobile that Yaya.

At least with Vieira he always has his head up looking for a forward pass. He really shouldnt be playing for us but at least he does try to create something from the middle of the park!

OrigamiNinja said:
*singingtheblues* said:
In all seriousness, despite the bemusement with which Vieira's introduction was met, his introduction and the change of formation that followed resulted in us being much more threatening in possession.

I'll never be able to comprehend how Vieira appears more mobile that Yaya.

At least with Vieira he always has his head up looking for a forward pass. He really shouldnt be playing for us but at least he does try to create something from the middle of the park!

Yaya plays like a morbidly obese, severely asthmatic, arthritis patient.

I was actually really quite struck by the contrast between his and Vieira's performances yesterday.

Amazing how many people on this thread actually seem to think he played at right back yesterday.Sums the managers thinking up when he has a right winger on the bench yet decides to play a right back there.

Positives , if any .....

Zabaleta and Lescott ....

negatives ... don't get me started!

We missed Silvas influence bigtime .... and a fit Kompany might well have cut the cross out that led to their equaliser , two of our defenders fell asleep there!

black mamba said:
Positives .....

Zabaleta and Lescott ....

negatives ... don't get me started!

We missed Silvas influence bigtime .... and a fit Kompany might well have cut the cross out that led to their equaliser , two of our defenders fell asleep there!

positive effort unquestionably but completely out of position, offered little offensively
for me swp should have played to offer width and invention and put zabba in behind instead of boateng

BurnCK said:
There were no positives from today. An all round lacklustre, sloppy performance in a game we should be comfortably winning. Another 2 points dropped....

That is the type of low-key game that , coming on the back of a European performance , the rags or Arsenal would have won 1-0 ..... and that's where we are failing ..... until we learn to do that the extra points will continue to evade us.

vicar_in_a_tutu said:
Amazing how many people on this thread actually seem to think he played at right back yesterday.Sums the managers thinking up when he has a right winger on the bench yet decides to play a right back there.

Zabaleta didn't play right back, and he didn't play wide right either. There was a very brief spell in which he did during the second half, until he was shifted to left back for the introduction of a right winger - or did you miss that?

Also, SWP wasn't fully fit and was suffering from a back injury, so wasn't really an option anyway.

So that makes your pathetic attempt at criticising the manager completely and utterly defunct.

Tedious stuff. Must try harder.

Positives - only took an hour and 20 minutes to get home. A seriously woeful "performance" from the team in general and Yaya Toure looks like he needs an oxygen tank after about 5 minutes of play.
I've seen the Ark Royal turn quicker than this guy.
Lescott and Zaba were the only ones who got passmarks and if anything yesterday should prove to Mancini that Boateng cannot ever play right back and he might also have made a mistake in signing Kolarov as a left back, he simply cannot defend.

*singingtheblues* said:
vicar_in_a_tutu said:

Zabaleta didn't play right back, and he didn't play wide right either. There was a very brief spell in which he did during the second half, until he was shifted to left back for the introduction of a right winger - or did you miss that?

Also, SWP wasn't fully fit and was suffering from a back injury, so wasn't really an option anyway.

So that makes your pathetic attempt at criticising the manager completely and utterly defunct.

Tedious stuff. Must try harder.

I agree - there are so many completely valid and interesting reasons to criticize Roberto, which could provoke debate and discussion, it staggers me that people are using where Zaba played as a stick to beat him with...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.