Positives To Take From Today

Only positive I can think of is it would have been almost impossible to take losing a final to the scouse cunts.

I reckon Real Madrid can beat the bastards.

Chelsea win the FA Cup.
City win the league.

Could still be a decent season. We have to lift our heads up and channel the hurt and frustration from last night into smashing the next four games.
Now that would be funny as fuck

There's plenty of positives, or at least reasons not to be negative.

There's the obvious one, which is that some of us won't have to spend over £1000 on going to the shithole that is Paris, and risk watching us lose to Liverpool. Plus our players now have to only focus on the league title, which we're just 4 wins maximum from retaining. That will be 4 PL titles in 5 seasons, which is the best united ever did.

And at the end of the day it's just a football game; 22 men kicking a ball around. Last night was disappointing but City (or any team) winning the CL doesn't cure disease, stop war or eliminate poverty.

I don't usually share much personal stuff on here but from a personal perspective, my daughter gave birth to a gorgeous little girl on Saturday and it was very touch-and-go for both mother and baby. The umbilical cord got trapped during the delivery, which led to a sudden loss of oxygen to the baby, meaning an emergency section had to be done within minutes.

Fortunately they saved the baby but in the process my daughter suffered a massive haemorrhage, losing 1.9 litres of blood. That's known as a Class 3 Haemorrhage, and is nearly 40% of your total blood. Fortunately they managed to stop it in time and she survived, but needed a couple of transfusions soon afterwards. The loss of just another pint would probably have been fatal, leaving two little girls without their mum and me without my daughter. Both are back home and seem fine now fortunately. So last night wasn't important for me in the overall scheme of things.

And between September 2017 and summer 2019, I suffered a series of issues that left me unable to work and, as I was freelance, earning no money. I was over £25k in debt at one point but started to get it under control and reduce it about 18 months ago. This morning I paid the last penny of that off and I can't tell you how good that feels.

So remember that, however disappointing last night was, there's worse things that happen in life and City winning or losing doesn't change those, or the blessings you may have.

Have a great day Blues.
Absolutely love this post and it puts it all in perspective, glad that you and your family are fine. Contrary to some posts on here and social media, it seems that the sky is not falling after all. Last night felt rough watching some of it (at work) but at the end I felt strangely relaxed and at peace with it all.

Roll on Sunday, let's win that league!

Gary Lineker tweeted, 'One of the most extraordinary and thrilling two legged Champions League games in the history of the competition. @mancity were clearly the better side and unlucky to lose, but this @realmadriden has immense character and somehow keep finding something from somewhere. Football eh!'

Losing really hurts but we've played our part in one of the greatest ties in Champions league history. Tchouameni, the Monaco, player tweeted after the first leg what an absolute pleasure it was to watch the game.
Success in this competition may not come as quickly as we would want it to but the world knows us and we will be increasing our popularity. Our revenues will grow. Our investment in the team will become more substantial. More of the best players will want to play for us.

We're only just getting started.

One positive is that I think we’ll have a bit of a shake up of our squad this Summer.
Can we have a shake up of those who thought it was a good idea to sell Torres but leave Alvarez in Argentina. And those who agreed to spend £100M on Grealish when a striker (and left back) were our priorities. - No problem with Jack as I believe we'll see a better player next season, but other areas needed attention more urgently.
Note: All positives about Grealish are in the hope he won't be kicked from pillar to post before, during, and after the World Cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.