Possible line-ups for Season 2009/2010 (drool city!)

leewill31 said:
goat boy said:
Fuzzmaster101 said:
This is exactly it! We were a top 6 side LAST season for the second half after De Jong, Bridge and most importantly Given arrived and people forget that. We were in the relegation zone after our dismal defeats to Everton and West Brom but turned it around and were in with a shout of 7th by the end. Any quality additions to the squad will push us on and the level and number being discussed will really shake things up. Plus it shouldn't take too long to gel because the spine of the team is still the one that was performing well last season. We were short in CB and strike positions and these look to be being strengthened. Plus Barry was a very nice supprise ;)

No Europe this season, we'll play far less games with a much bigger/ better squad.

Reasons to be cheerful :)

it surprises me that the so called experts have not looked at this yet,they just keep going on about Europe this Europe that,what they are forgetting is the fact we only have to concentrate on the league and 2 domestic cups and with the quality we are bringing in they need to sit up and take notice at what we may achieve next season if more quality comes in.

Totally agree with this.

I don't think Hughes will say it publicly but there is a very big opportunity there THIS season which won't be there in future years, assuming we reach Europe.

I think you will find that both Wenger and Baconface has said that we will be up there. I personally will only be thinking about top 5 and a cup final (win or lose). Anything else is a bonus.

----------------------GIVEN--------------------
----------------TOURE------LESCOTT-----------
ZABALETA-------------------------------BRIDGE
---------------------DE JONG------------------
-------------IRELAND-------BARRY--------------

TEVEZ-------------ETO'O/RSC---------ROBINHO

BENCH-Taylor, Richards, Kompany, Wright-Phillips, Petrov, Elano, Bellamy.

Works for me *power wank power wank lol* :-)

cibaman said:
City fans thinking of top spot? We'll end up getting relegated if we start thinking that.
Why shouldn't we dream?

We still have at least 4 top players to come into this side, so potentially we could win it next season.

Stranger things have happened in sport, It's just because it's City you think we have no chance, but if anyone of the top 4 had our squad of players they would be considered premiership contenters for sure.

rickyyt said:
Fuzzmaster101 said:
Assuming that all the transfer speculation which is making the most noise comes true this is how I see us lining up next season. Please feel free to add your own.

-------------------------------------Given--------------------------------------------

(Richards/Zab)-------(Onouha/Toure)--------(Kompany/Lescott)--------(Bridge/Lescott)

--------------------------------(De Jong/Barry)---------------------------------------

(SWP/Tevez)---------------------------------------------------------(Robinho/Petrov)

--------------------------------(Ireland/Tevez)---------------------------------------

-----------------------(Tevez/Bellamy)---(Eto'o/RSC)----------------------------------

For a 4-4-2 formation giving loads of cover in all positions (except keeper) and there are other possible switches ie. Onouha to RB, Zab to DM, Barry to LM or LB if we need. Plus there's still Bojinov, Elano, Caceido, Jo, Weiss, Dunne etc who could still be here and/or have a chance to break in (in the case of Weiss).

Then

--------------------------------------Given-------------------------------------------

(Richards/Zab)--------(Onouha/Toure)-------(Kompany/Lescott)---------(Bridge/Lescott)

--------------------------(De Jong/Kompany)------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------(Barry/Kompany)---------------------------------

---------------------------------(Ireland/Tevez)---------------------------------------

(SWP/Tevez)-----------------------(Eto'o/RSC)-----------------------(Robinho/Bellamy)

For Hughes' much loved 4-3-3 formation. I hope all these lot come because I think this squad can seriously be a contender with multiple cover everywhere (except keeper) ;)

Wow looking good isn't it, if we make those signing we've got to be looking at breaking the top four. Maybe get in the mix for top spot!!!!!!!!

to think..................so many slaughtering hughes not too long ago..........

Bluemooner33 said:

Only thing I change from this lineup is the two outside backs, but after that I agree. I move Lescott outside to the left and Onuoha out to the right and bring in Kompany. Kompany is far too brilliant to be on the bench. He would leave immediately if we demoted him.

sam the drummer said:
riley347 said:
to think..................so many slaughtering hughes not too long ago..........
Haha I thought this, but everyone is being so positive as we havent played a match yet. If we lose to Blackburn it'll be HUGHES OUT!

I have never slaughtered Hughes and won't be for the forseable future. I was NOT a fan of Sven before during or after his season here and I cheered when he went. Why? Because I said he was useless before the season started and I nearly ate my words when the team hit the ground running but sure enough I was proven right. He was clueless (but not bad in the transfer market, hence why he was no good for England). Hughes, however, I believe has a plan, and by the looks of it it's a bloody good one. ;)

Bluemooner33 said:

Nedum not in the 18 ?

seen the team we started last season with its unbelievable really:

Hart
Corluka Ben Haim Richards Garrido
Fernandes
Etuhu Johnson Petrov
Elano
Evans

Ireland and Sturridge come on 81st minute for Evans and Fernandes.

Subs: Schmeichel, Ball, Onuoha, Hamann, Caicedo.

Compare it to what we're looking at starting the season with and the squad has had a huge step up in class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.