Possible squad/starting XI next season?

palmer is ready and wiil get more minutes, mcatee also.

rodri,bernardo,kdb,foden,halaand sure in the starting 11.

gundo,grilish,mahrez,sterling,palmer,alvarez can change,

No one HAS to go. We were gonna have this season with Torres and Kane. These two are for those spots
I keep wondering why some posters think someone has to go, at the end of the day, we needed a striker, we got Haaland and Alvarez, so they will play those roles well. Sterling/Mahrez on the right and Foden/Jesus on the left.

Before am told about Grealish, that boy ain't a winger and he has shown his incapable of playing there, he should drop into midfield. Even though some people would say Phil isn't a winger, well too bad, that boy is seriously good, so he can play there if he wants to.

Not debating that Sterling should go or not! Or whether we should cash in or not, just stating, if all things leveled, no one has to go, that's all am saying. Pep likes two good players per position!

I think the forward options look weak in the wide areas.
Question marks over Alvarez, Grealish and Palmer. Sterling in the last year of his contract and will he rediscover his consistent form of a few years ago. Also a lack of pace.
Palmer and Alvarez are levels ahead of Grealish in the wide areas, even if some posters maybe suspicious of Palmer because of his age and lack of playing time at the highest level and Alvarez having to adapt to a new league, new style, basically new everything. I personally would pick them over Grealish to play on the wide areas of our attack anytime, anyday, no matter the weather!

And I also agree with your post.

Ederson
New backup goalkeeper
Carson

Cancelo
Walker

Stones
Dias
Laporte
Ake

New left back
Zinchenko

Rodri
Bernardo
New midfielder
Gundogan

Sterling
Mahrez

De Bruyne

Foden
Grealish

Haaland
Alvarez

Midfield seems to be a pick between Enzo Fernandez, Matheus Nunes, Tchouameni and FDJ. Personally, I’d favour Tchouameni because I think he is the most similar to Fernandinho and, on top of that, he is the best player out of all of them. He can also play as a box-to-box and a defensive midfielder. I think we’ll neglect the left back position because there isn’t many good options out there but I would like to see it addressed. Other than that, the only transfers will be if we are to replace any players — for example, if Laporte wants to go back to Spain, then replace him with Pau Torres or Bastoni. I expect Palmer to get a bit of first team action and McAtee might get a few minutes too.

I’d put money on us not signing any of those
Enzo Fernandez and Nunes links aren’t that concrete and De Jong and Tchouameni seem to be off to United and Liverpool respectively. You’re probably right but they are the only midfield players we have been linked with. I’ve seen you mention Danilo from Palmeiras — is he ready to join City?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.