Possible squad/starting XI next season?

If we are going off the possibilty we lise sterling, jesus berny and bring in curcurella and phillips with everyone else staying, alavezs ability to play on the wing or as a striker much like most our forward line we can utilize many fornations, but with a natural lb signed I think Pep may us his 3-5-2 he used from time to time at bayern or the double pivot with 2 DMs

Screenshot_20220619-062951_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220619-062612_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220619-062206_Chrome.jpg

Players were randomly picked not saying would be the actual starting 11 bit highlights depth

bored so posted

They say standing still is akin to going backwards so i tend to think of these things as how are we different from last year? have we improved?

Haaland is a huge step forward, but at least in terms of numbers, that gain might be offset by Sterling leaving. For me that's still a net gain. Although i'd prefer sterling stayed and eventually extended.

Fernandinho leaves a hole in the squad which makes us weaker. Sounds like we intend to replace him with Phillips which would be a net gain ( given Fernandinho's age )

seems to me that Alvarez replaces Jesus which certainly freshens things up. from what i read, he has great work rate so lets just hope he settles quickly. a marginal net gain i think

Palmer is hopefully that bit closer to being ready, but is probably still a fringe player. another marginal net gain.

I doubt Mendy will play for us again but he didn't last season either so , meh! But a new left back would be the most obvious net gain of all.

Ederson
Walker - Diaz - Laporte - Calcelo
Rodri
KDB - Grealish/Phil
Mahrez - Haaland - Neymar...

lol half-jokingly..

Ederson
Walker - Diaz - Laporte - Calcelo
Rodri
KDB - Grealish/Phil
Mahrez - Haaland - Neymar...

lol half-jokingly..
I know that your post is in jest... but Neymar is a fucking prima donna who's sole concern is self. I fervently hope that he'll never, ever be part of our squad. He's an insidious poison.

You joke about Neymar but how good would this be

Ederson
Walker Dias Laporte Cancelo
KDB Rodri Bernado
Foden Haaland Neymar

Second 11

Ortega
Walker/Cancelo Stones Ake Cucerella
Gundo Phillips Grealish
Mahrez Alvarez Palmer

So we're looking at:

Ederson
Walker, Stones, Dias, Cucurella
Rodri
De Bruyne, Bernardo
Mahrez, Haaland, Foden

Ortega
Cancelo, Ake, Laporte, Zinchenko
Phillips
Gundogan, Grealish
Palmer, Alvarez, McAtee

Bit light on options up front if Sterling and Jesus both leave.

So we're looking at:

Bit light on options up front if Sterling and Jesus both leave.
Sterling and Jesus are replaced by Haaland and Alvarez. It would be the team that finished last year with name changes.

Phillip -Dihno
Haaland - Jesus
Alvarez - Sterling
Cucurella - (Mendy)

We are no more or less lighter than we were to finish the 2nd half of the season. Frankly, unless Zinchencko leaves, we'd have an extra in Cucurella. Who's really replacing Mendy, but Mendy wasn't part of the 2nd half of the season l.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.