Post Crystal Palace match thread

Lucky Toma said:
Gabriel said:
Just watched the 'highlights' again on the OS, and I can't think of another game this season where there have been so few chances of note, for either side. Not a Souness-like complaint, simply an observation; imagine we were conserving energy for the three games next week.

It was the kind of professional performance we do all too rarely and its given me more encouragement for the games ahead than a 5-0 drubbing in a funny sort of way.

It reminded me of Wolves away the year we won the league.

London_CPFC said:
Apart from the fact you hate Pulis, did you think we played like a "Pulis/Stoke" team? or was it a bit different, I didnt want him here but I have to doff my cap to him, he has made us solid but quick on the break and with Chamahk's class touch its not your typical Pulis style, last time I watched football like this at Palace was when Steve Coppell 1st took over and we had a bit of success, so I cant woman too much
I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by the way you played. My main criticism of Pulis at Stoke was that he did what he needed to keep them up but never took them forward football wise and their points total and finishing position demonstrated that. But the ball was played on the ground most of the time and the football seemed pretty intelligent. Carry on like that and you could well continue to cause the bigger teams more problems next season.

Got the sports pass yesterday off Now tv for 9.99 as didn't want to risk a dodgy stream for the games .

Enjoyed a faultless picture for both games ....then got a mail off sky this evening apologising for me not being able to watch the game yesterday due to problems they were having and saying they will refund the fee in 3-5 days.

Why can't life always be this good ?

It was a nothing game. City came out on a high after the Liverpool result, got the early result and we weren't up for it. I am in no way suggesting that we would have won. We played much better and you had more players out at the Etihad and we lost. However, this was probably our worst performance since Pulis took over. It was inevitable and I feared as much. The players had given the season everything and once we were safely up, it would be hard for them not to drop in intensity. The pressing, closing down and marking were not what they should be. Even for the 2nd goal I think Delaney probably would have fouled Yaya had we needed the points. With Liverpool being the last home game of the season I hope we put in a good performance.

supercrystal7 said:
It was a nothing game. City came out on a high after the Liverpool result, got the early result and we weren't up for it. I am in no way suggesting that we would have won. We played much better and you had more players out at the Etihad and we lost. However, this was probably our worst performance since Pulis took over. It was inevitable and I feared as much. The players had given the season everything and once we were safely up, it would be hard for them not to drop in intensity. The pressing, closing down and marking were not what they should be. Even for the 2nd goal I think Delaney probably would have fouled Yaya had we needed the points. With Liverpool being the last home game of the season I hope we put in a good performance.
Hard to prevent the end of season feel when the players know they are safe. The edge just goes.

I watched on TV. Thought Pulis assessment was pretty accurate. You need to keep it tight and the early goal made it very difficult for you

I think you have the game to give Liverpool problems as their game is all about attacking the space in behind the defence. And Palace don't leave much space in behind their defence. I don't think their defence is that good either. Can be got at. Gerrard has had all the blame for Ba's goal, but what was Sakho doing putting him under pressure in the first place

supercrystal7 said:

Here's hoping mate. We will all be Palace fans for that game...

rnblade said:
Disgusted with BBC this morning, all about Liverpool as usual, and a comment from the presenter ' there's no blue in the trophy streamers'

Fucking slag.
That's a blessing mate. Let them talk about Liverpool and Chelsea, less pressure on us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.