Post match City v PSG

So hard to pick MOTM.

The Ferns were both amazing. Probably didn't hurt that Matuidi, Verarti, and Motta were all out. But still, they were AMAZING!!!

Joe was outstanding as he always is in the CL. Don't think Pep will be looking for another keeper.

Navas was amazing, great workrate tracking back. Great going forward, still is just missing that perfect final ball/finish but he adds something to our game that nobody else on the team can bring.

KDB absolutely fucking beautiful finish. Waited for the perfect opportunity, wrapped his foot around the ball and put it away. People like to credit our drop in form a few months ago to the talk of Pep coming in/Pell out, but I honestly think it was due to KDB being injured. He may very well be our best player.

MY MOTM- Eli Mangala. I only noticed one mistake all match (when he sprinted forward out of position and didnt win the ball, ended up not mattering) besides that Mangala was in on every tackle every header, bodied up Zlatan and was physical with him all night. Zlatan could only get space from Mangala and Ota when he drifted offsides. Mangala also won that tackle up the field that may have lead to the trown in which we scored off a few moments later. He was composed on the ball, and overall just felt very confident and solid. His partnership with Otamendi is really coming along well. Otamendi was great as well.

The whole team was great honestly. Silva was fighting for tackles and winning the ball back, Clichy was great defensively and somewhat of a threat going forward. Sagna also. One of the best team performances I've ever seen from City considering the stage and the opponent.

Now we're really playing with the big boys. I dont want to draw Bayern/Pep. Don't want to draw Barca either, although they haven't been playing their best lately. Drawing Madrid would be okay with me. Would love for Athleti or Benfica to sneak in and draw them. Damn shame Wolfsburg shit the bed against Madrid. They would have made an ideal semi final opponent.

Fucking love these Champions League nights now, it reminds me how good we can be and takes me back to the Mancini days when we were on the way up and EVERY game mattered like tonight.

Officials allowed them to kick us all of the park whereas we got penalised for pretty much anything. I expected nothing less.

We looked a more balanced team without toure and not being negative but they seemed to get a bit more grip when he came on for us,use him as a sub in the semi finals bar injuries to other players..

And another thing.

1st leg was open and a great game for neutrals yet we get slated for the defence.

We look solid and put a proper performance in to go through and still get stick.

We'll never win with most people.

Yet I've just seen De Bruyne put us in the semis so who gives a shit!!

I so wish I had been there. couldn't go but very happy that we are through and looking forward to Friday. I wish Wolfsburg had won. Come on Atletico and Benfica

Just think. One round away from the Champions League final

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.