Post match City v PSG

You take that mentality and that hunger on the ball into the premier league and you win it with games to spare with the players we have. They were fantastic tonight. From back to front. Helped that Larry White had a brain fart and tried to get too clever.

Was a big call from Pellegrini to start without Toure. It meant De Bruyne started in his best position and it paid dividends.

Just got home. Delighted with the win, which the performance merited. Frustrating that we have not seen more performances of that ilk because it shows what the team and manager are capable of. Do we wonder if squad at the moment is actually better suited to European rather than domestic style football? Hope this tie has finally seen City come of age in the UCL; although there is still much scope for improvement and a vry tough task to progress further in the contest. The team still needs to show more confidence and composure in euro games but this has been a huge step in the right direction.

Now that is how I've been arguing we should have been playing all season against the better sides.

Defensively we were just immense. Fernando, I owe you an apology lad because the work rate and decision making of when to press and shut down passing angles and when to drop off was as good as you get at any level of football tonight. Fernandinho, absolute perfection in terms of balance of work rate, determination and quality on the ball. Clichy's performance was incredible, first half especially he was out pressing the winger/fullback so quickly, it was a joy to watch.

The whole team were excellent defensively. It seems a shame to single those three out because everyone to a man ran their socks off (Hart excluded, lazy bastard) but they worked intelligently too, a real gutsy team performance. If we defend like that we have a chance against anyone with Aguero and De Bruyne to nick us goals on the counter. There's no way we can realistically outplay the big three (Barca, Bayern and Real) but if we show the same battling qualities we did tonight then they won't fancy coming up against us.

finally, Pellegrini made the right tactic.
2 DM without Yaya, and KDB right behind Aguero.
i love the way Ota, Mangler, Sagna, Clichy and Hart to prove everybody wrong with that clean sheet performance.

Reaction from RedCafe on our win tonight...

Fecking De Bruyne

Such a brilliant player, it sickens me that he's at that cnut of a club...

Unreal player De Bruyne. I know the price tag was big but it's mental they had a free run at him.

With Pellegrini leaving at the end of the season, surely he's going to prioritise the champions league now. May still be a chance for 4th!

This game could go on for another 90 minutes, PSG still wouldn't score.

Have to say, as poor as PSG have been, City have been exceedingly good. Have won all the one-to-one battles.

Jealous of City having Silva he's some player.

City can still feck this up.

I don't care if City win it. I've decided it'd be great for Manchester.

I've reported you.

De Bruyne is absolute class. No idea why we weren't after him last summer!

Because we are stupid.

Far too exciting for our team.

Scores goal, creative. Nah! Not for us.

It's just not the same as the Liverpool rivalry. I mean it's your spastic cousin who's suddenly become rich... But he's still, well, a...

That's Man City.

Absolute joke of a side this PSG lot, pathetic performance.

These blue wanders and Liverpool possibly going to the semis whilst we continue to fal down the league, what a time to be alive.

I hate fox soccer but they've got Martin Tyler as a commentator so cant complain.

What a horrible 3 years and now, City and Liverpool in European semi finals.....

Only going to get worse

I'll probably have to wash my mouth after this, but City going through against this lot is pretty good for English football. The Premier League has been getting a lot of stick for a while now.

Pricks.. won't matter much in the next round, not a hope will they beat Madrid, Barca or Bayern.

Bacary Sagna has such a kind face. I'd love a hug from him one day.

I take no joy in City going through, but a lot of joy in PSG going out. Very easy to dislike that club.

fixed

Nights like this at Old Trafford seem a million miles off whilst that Dutch prick remains in charge.

Zut alors, c'est incroyable.... Merde. Now on to hoping Ronaldo can torpedo City after Zlatan's non-performance tonight. Still, more hope that he would than Lord Bendnter with Wolfsburg might. I hate this, seeing how the other half used to live, watching City playing in big games hoping they lose. i am not looking forward to the prospect of City/Liverpool playing in European finals in the coming weeks. I'm sure I am not the only one.

On the bright side, gives hope that we can buy our way back to the top eventually. Just need a few changes elsewhere

It makes me hurt seeing how City are moving places in football.

Moyes was right, we do need to aspire

We should be in the semi-finals with Bayern, Barca and Real, not fecking city.

It's amazing how we have managed to feck up so badly after SAF.

But we are not even in a title challenge and haven't been since SAF, that's a huge downfall.

With good planning, a great manager and quality Investment in the squad you don't have to fall out of the top.
I'm not saying we should be dominating like under SAF, but we are not even doing the minimum required at the moment.

Last edited:
Reaction from RedCafe to our win tonight...

Fecking De Bruyne

Such a brilliant player, it sickens me that he's at that cnut of a club...

Unreal player De Bruyne. I know the price tag was big but it's mental they had a free run at him.

With Pellegrini leaving at the end of the season, surely he's going to prioritise the champions league now. May still be a chance for 4th!

This game could go on for another 90 minutes, PSG still wouldn't score.

Have to say, as poor as PSG have been, City have been exceedingly good. Have won all the one-to-one battles.

Jealous of City having Silva he's some player.

City can still feck this up.

I don't care if City win it. I've decided it'd be great for Manchester.

I've reported you.

De Bruyne is absolute class. No idea why we weren't after him last summer!

Because we are stupid.

Far too exciting for our team.

Scores goal, creative. Nah! Not for us.

It's just not the same as the Liverpool rivalry. I mean it's your spastic cousin who's suddenly become rich... But he's still, well, a...

That's Man City.

Absolute joke of a side this PSG lot, pathetic performance.

These blue wanders and Liverpool possibly going to the semis whilst we continue to fal down the league, what a time to be alive.

I hate fox soccer but they've got Martin Tyler as a commentator so cant complain.

What a horrible 3 years and now, City and Liverpool in European semi finals.....

Only going to get worse

I'll probably have to wash my mouth after this, but City going through against this lot is pretty good for English football. The Premier League has been getting a lot of stick for a while now.

Pricks.. won't matter much in the next round, not a hope will they beat Madrid, Barca or Bayern.

Bacary Sagna has such a kind face. I'd love a hug from him one day.

I take no joy in City going through, but a lot of joy in PSG going out. Very easy to dislike that club.

fixed

Nights like this at Old Trafford seem a million miles off whilst that Dutch prick remains in charge.

Zut alors, c'est incroyable.... Merde. Now on to hoping Ronaldo can torpedo City after Zlatan's non-performance tonight. Still, more hope that he would than Lord Bendnter with Wolfsburg might. I hate this, seeing how the other half used to live, watching City playing in big games hoping they lose. i am not looking forward to the prospect of City/Liverpool playing in European finals in the coming weeks. I'm sure I am not the only one.

On the bright side, gives hope that we can buy our way back to the top eventually. Just need a few changes elsewhere

It makes me hurt seeing how City are moving places in football.

Moyes was right, we do need to aspire

We should be in the semi-finals with Bayern, Barca and Real, not fecking city.

It's amazing how we have managed to feck up so badly after SAF.

But we are not even in a title challenge and haven't been since SAF, that's a huge downfall.

With good planning, a great manager and quality Investment in the squad you don't have to fall out of the top.
I'm not saying we should be dominating like under SAF, but we are not even doing the minimum required at the moment.
a0G0k.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.