Post match City v PSG

I'm still not sure what baffled me more. Us going through to the semi's of the CL after a very professional performance. Or our defense keeping "Blanc". Not Clichy's biggest fan but he was great. As was Sagna who is having an amazing season. As for Otamendi and Mangala ...well done. Very well done. All in all a great team performance. The best team often doesn't win this competition. As long as we are in it we can. And we are definitely still in it!

Desperate to ask the question of why couldn't we do this more consistently, the performance, the tactics, the desire... but today is not the day to look backwards.

Fantastic performance, great to watch. Clichy was immense, perfect mix of aggression, desire and ability. Mangala shoved Chris Sutton's comments right back at him, and you can't call many £50m+ players value for money but even done journos are saying that of kdb this morning.

Can we win it? Head says no, but wft you only live once, let's be positive.

Though that said, expect a white-out from most press today on our achievements. Big game tonight with the much anticipated return of England's third choice striker, I'm just waiting to see whether they have sold out yet, because apparently there were empty seats at our ground last night - must be going blind because they were only vacant once that I saw, around the 75 minute mark when bums lifted from seats in unison.

First time I've seen such a mature, solid performance from the whole team. Otamendi still a few crazy decisions and bad touches, but Mangala was a beast and Clichy/Sagna excellent. Everyone stuck a lot closer to their opponent than in the first leg. PSG had much more posession but hardly any chances except from FK's and clear offside situations. Job very well done.
Regardless, I honestly don't think it will be enough to stand a chance against the true greats Barcelona, Real Madrid & Bayern.
City's best hope to reach the final is for a shock qualification of Atletico Madrid v Barcelona and then hopefully draw Atletico (no matter how good a team that is as well) in the semis (or "half finals" as Kevin puts it ;-)).

The performances in Champions league suggest its this City have prioritised this season. I don't get that as i think we're good enough to win both. Injuries haven't helped or form but anything can happen now. Whoever we draw, with a home 2nd leg & the fantastic support we can get through. Well done Pell. He afforded himself a smile at the end. ;-).

got home at 3am, voice completely shot, but what a fucking night, yes get the fuck in. only issue now time for work, arggg

For all the talk of us not being good enough we are in cl semis.
We have arrived in europe and hats of to our boo boys :-) boo us to finals
If we defend like we did yesterday, we can surely make it to finals

Well I'm not sure how I can get through the day at work with no voice, but here we go, let's see what happens! 8 hours of singing "ohhhh Kevin De Bruyne" in my head

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.