Post match City v PSG

"On the bright side, gives hope that we can buy our way back to the top eventually"

They have spent over £250,000,000 and gone backwards. Not doing a very good job of "the bright side" if you ask me.

How British commentators can be so "against" a British team is beyond belief. For 90 mins i had to sit there and listen to them saying "i cant believe how bad PSG are. They have been awful."

PSG have a team of stars. Very expensive stars. World class stars. Now you cant tell me that every single fucking one of them had a bad night and didnt perform??!!???

Nope. Bollocks.

They were awful because WE made them look awful! We were tight and compact, harried and hustled, tackled and concentrated for 90 mins. That is why PSG looked shit.
I may have missed it, but not once did Green or Mcpointalot say that PSG are looking awful because City are making them look awful??

the lack of praise we get is fucking awful, which makes nights like this even the more fucking sweeter. Empty seats and a lack of atmosphere my arse! Its all blatant bullshit and we should be sueing the media for deformation of character! Tossers the lot of them!

The players, the fans and the club were magnificent last night. I may well only be an armchair City supporter but last night was special. Very special. And im immensely proud of every last fucking one of them.

Sorry for the language but i needed to get that off my fat hairy chest. I feel a lot better for it now.

#together
#believe

What a night. Got a banging headache but couldn't care Less.

No matter what anyone else says, the club, players, manager and fans were magnificent last night.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Kevin de Bruyne......

"On the bright side, gives hope that we can buy our way back to the top eventually"

They have spent over £250,000,000 and gone backwards. Not doing a very good job of "the bright side" if you ask me.

Their reserves aren't infinite. Two consecutive seasons without CL will make a huge difference to the money from the sponsorship.

Don't know why but I've got a feeling we're going to win the thing. Would be a typical City, bringing Pep in with a specific remit to win the Champs League, only for us to have won it already.

Man City will be ‘guests’ in the CL semis, says Blanc

Date published: Wednesday 13th April 2016 8:35

Blanc.jpg

Laurent Blanc: Saw his side limp out
Laurent Blanc claimed Manchester City would be “guests” in the Champions League semi-finals after they knocked out his Paris St-Germain side on Tuesday.

Former Manchester United defender cut a frustrated figure after PSG failed to progress from the quarter-finals for the fourth successive season after they were beaten 1-0 by City at The Etihad to lose 3-2 on aggregate.

“I think we were not efficient in either of the games and paid the price by failing to qualify,” said Blanc, who claimed City would be “guests” in the last four.

“Well done to them. They were a good team, not particularly spectacular team, but very, very clinical, efficient team. They get the job done.

“When you don’t go through to the next round you regret absolutely everything. Of course when you win no one asks any questions. We had certain tactics and strategies in mind but we couldn’t always implement them as efficiently as we wanted over the two games. We have shown our limitations over the two games, both tactically and technically.

“What we did over the course of the tie wasn’t enough and we very much regret that.

“We thought we were going to cause them more problems tonight but they were good in defence and very compact. Over the course of the two games, we understand that City probably deserved to qualify.”

getting le sack in the morning lol

Don't know why but I've got a feeling we're going to win the thing. Would be a typical City, bringing Pep in with a specific remit to win the Champs League, only for us to have won it already.

We have a puncher's chance against the best teams if we play with that attitude of stopping the opponents from running through us & trying to nick a goal. As soon as we got cocky & went into our usual mode, PSG ran straight through us, but when we held a traditional English style solid 442, they found it difficult to create anything & we kept getting situations at the other end.

We will need luck as well to keep out the better teams, but Chelsea & Utd got it, so why not us ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.