bluechampion7891 said:
wrote this in the pre match thread when i saw the line up

screams over compensation for last year's fixture, and not in a good way

first surprise: no dinho

second surprise: 442

third surprise: 442 with dzeko

minor: no sagna or mangala

i hope manuel knows what he is doing

with a 451 and defensive shape (but not like the fixture last year) I think we would have had a positive result

as such, there was no pace other than Kun in attack, a non existent porous midfield, and our right side defence was exploited way too often

both kompany and zabaleta are playing off past reputation.

barca were nothing special but clearly superior - we could have won had we had a better game plan (counter at pace, set pieces, not allowing them space in central midfield and intelligent pressing in our own half)
Get over yourself you tosser. Its post match not post fucking per match.

So?

the pre-match decisions certainly affected the flow of the game and unless I am mistaken this thread is for discussing the match

city saint said:
spike549 said:

Who the fuck bought Wilfied Bony and expected Ibrahimovic?

Come on now, let's be sensible[/quote

should have save 28 million and used it for a good summer signing
fuck me bonys played about 45 mins and hes our new scapegoat ffs

There are some d*ckheads on here.

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
It's a good job Barca eased off in the second half. We are out of this competition don't let us delude ourselves. That first half killed us.

Sorry but Pellers is gone in the summer.

Jesus christ, its 1-2 , not 0-7. We are still in this. They would be focused on the clasico and we can take advantage of that.

tommybooth said:
Just like the old days.

Blind optimism in the face of overwhelming odds.
There is a gulf in talent but some City fans pretend not to see it. We could have won this game with some luck. But this shouldn't color the fact they are 2 classed above us at the moment.

atleast we still have a chance......cant believe how bad we looked in 1st half......Pelle still not learning from mistakes....and Fernando still looks the weak link in the side.......not given up yet...that save at the end has given us a small chance we could still do it but need to play 100 times better than today....

Some fucking clowns on here tonight. Zab had Neymar in his pocket and made one mistake, which thanks to Joe didn't cost us.
As for slagging Bony off? Deary fucking me. He had 20 minutes and for 15 of them we were down to ten men. Our two most creative players had been taken off and we were on the back foot. It's not like we gave him much service in that time.
Take your heads for a wobble.

agyeiboateng said:
Blueband Brother said:
That penalty save from Hart and miss from Messi at the end has given hope for the second leg. Yaya Toure will be back and if we had him and Fernandinho at the start of this game. We would have won. For me, it is crystal clear that Barcelona have some profound problems but they got their two goals, wowed some weak minds with one or two tiki taka moments and everybody thinks they are awesome. This is a team we could beat.

We have to score two goals and with Yaya back and Aguero looking back to his best and hopefully the manager not having another trick of his sleeve in his game of sabotage poker, I am quietly confident.. or should I say hopeful that it can be overturned.

Concerning the match. It was always going to be difficult and with Fernando and Milner in that midfield then it was a challenge. It is such a shame that when the players finally released that Barcelona can be got at, Clichy got sent off. But as I said, the penalty incident at the end may very well be a sign.

Zabaleta just cannot keep up with flying wingers and I hope the manager rectifies that in the next match but things are now complicated by the red card.I have to say that Aguero played very well ;led the attack line well and we will definitely need him in the second leg.

This tie is still on, there is hope and there is Yaya Toure.
we have a slim chance but that is it....they have two away goals

people on this forum need to take a deep breath. Its not 2-2 or 3-2, we are losing 2-1. We have to score two goals and not concede.

And what is your point? the situation is clear to everyone but overturning the score is doable.

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
It's a good job Barca eased off in the second half. We are out of this competition don't let us delude ourselves. That first half killed us.

Sorry but Pellers is gone in the summer.

Clueless

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.