Post Match: City vs Barca

game of 2 halves?
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If we can reproduce the 2nd half performance in the return game, then, we have a slim chance.
We don't make it easy though do we?
After 30mins I would've bitten you're hand off for 1-2!
But most of us saw the writing on the wall when the team sheet was announced, Fernandinho was a massive improvement, Bony seemed like a rabbit in the headlights, will improve I'm sure.

If we are going to get any result, we have to concentrate for the full 95 mins and put their back 4 under great pressure, and put our chances away, there was a marked increase in quality compared to the Prem, we have to be on it from the off, play to our strengths, still hope, glad we didn't capitulate, and atleast bloodied their nose

Yet again I'm left feeling sick to the pit of my stomach, European football disgusts me it's full of cheating players and bent refs that bow to the "big teams". It really is a despicable "competition". To get sent off like that when we are getting foothold in the game just makes me want to vomit. Alves and co did exactly the same last time, sorry I've got no interest until the playing field starts to level out a bit more

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
It's a good job Barca eased off in the second half. We are out of this competition don't let us delude ourselves. That first half killed us.

Sorry but Pellers is gone in the summer.
Bet he's not.

MrChicago said:
spike549 said:

Who the fuck bought Wilfied Bony and expected Ibrahimovic?

Come on now, let's be sensible[/quote

should have save 28 million and used it for a good summer signing

It was a shit signing. Spending money just because
You don't like him, we get it.

Yaya. Beast mode.

We'll shit em. We've learnt all we can learn about them now. We had realised by half time but it was too late.

We'll be two goals clear by half time in the Nou Camp.

After that save at the end, you e got to believe. It moments like that, that tournament winners are made of.

As for all the other twats on here tonight, you're either rags or 15 years old.

Ok I'm done. Back to the Cellar.

After the first 45 I thought it was going to end up a lot worse than it did.
Credit the boys for a good reaction in second half.
On another day Edin may well have scored a few tonight. Thought he worked pretty hard.
Much too early to judge Bony.
Still just about in this with Yaya back in second leg.

442 against a resurgent Barca........ Footballing suicide! (Shakes his head)

I all but lost interest when I saw the line-up and formation. Aside from Fernando who looked lost in the first half and Aguero who looked off the pace until the 2 half there werr no particulary bad individual performances, we just didn't seem to have any kind of viable game plan.

We stood off Barca and just allowed them to dominate and run rings round us, in the 2nd half we raised our game but by then Barca were just looking to contain us and hit us on the break.

We were just naïve tonight, just plain naïve. I just count my lucky stars we got one goal and Messi missed a penalty and the follow up. A bad night all round and imho, we greatly contributed to it with our formation and starting 11.

Wow post match thread is insane !

I for one don't think Pellers fucked up the system today, he got it bang on which was proved with that 15 minute spell right after the second half kicked off. Personally feel the score wouldn't have been any different in 4-5-1 (I also think we couldn't have scored). Clichy was quite good, unlucky to get sent off. Dzeko I thought did well to hold up play, but ofcourse missed a sitter.

Also I don't think Joe Hart made a save except the PK.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.