Post Match: City vs Barca

Pingu the Penguin said:
citijin said:
mancini kept talking about mentality. he is definitely right, it is about mentality, attitude and confidence. thats what we have missed.

Yup. We have a strong squad, and a 1st XI littered with 1st class players. They need to show that they want it. Simple as that.

motivators like mourinho and simeone are more suited than laid back managers like Pellegrini

"Barcelona holds no fears" said Kompany. Well we looked shit scared of them for the first 45 minutes. At half-time, Fernando and Dzeko hould have been off (although not a reflection on Dzeko's performance which was as good as anyone's) and Navas & Fernandinho should have been on, going 4-1-4-1 and just having a go at them.

Not MP's finest hour and he still demonstrates he learns nothing from previous mistakes.

Big Dave Watson said:
Same old shit. Writing was on the wall as soon as the team was announced with two up top. They will bottle it on Sunday too.
Lol @ "massive dave".

Could be worse fella. Could have lost to Swansea like your bunch of cunts last weekend.

Now that would have been embarrassing.

Much better 2nd half, but I put that down to Barcelona taking their foot of the pedal as much as City stepping up. That being said, the improved performance gives you brief hope for the return leg.

Aguero was comfortably your best player, and his performance is why I enjoy watching him so much, but other than that, to a man, you were outclassed (perhaps Silva aside who rarely has a bad game).

I thought Clichy was poor, Milner & Fernando looked lost in that midfield battle (if you could call it that) and Kompany was shocking. Some of his decision making was bizarre to say the least. He's always been a tad rash, but good enough to recover more often than not, however he's taken that rashness up a notch it seems and he was all over the shop leading up to Barcelona's 2nd.

On the whole though, IMO, the blame lies, again, with Pellegrini and his starting line up / setup. Not only was it a 442 again, but expecting Milner & Fernando to compete against a midfield of Barcelona's ilk is spectacularly naive. They looked lost at times in the middle of the park, which didn't help Silva & Nasri, and Barca regularly found Messi, Iniesta and Suarez alone in the hole with plenty of space to turn and run with the ball.

Hart's save from the spot could be crucial here, and hopefully Yaya can revel in the 2nd leg at the point of a MF 3 with license to run at their defence and cause problems, however I'd be extremely surprised if Barcelona didn't progress now.

A final point - I think BillyShears needs to tone down the pre match predictions.

Big Dave Watson said:
Same old shit. Writing was on the wall as soon as the team was announced with two up top. They will bottle it on Sunday too.

Mr fucking miserable again I see. 0-3 Sunday and is it 'we' or 'they'?

brummie blue said:
Can't play for one half and expect to beat teams like Barca.

Joe saved Zaba's blushes after he made a pointless tackle, poor performances from Fernando and Kompany, the Clichy tackles which earned bookings were no worse than those by Mascherano in the first half, so ref wasn't exactly consistent.

Shame we couldn't tie it up.

Agree completely.... Clichy attempt was no worse than Masheranos... But he was on a yellow already so you get what is given,
Considering where he was on the pitch and when, he made a poor choice. The ref was inconsistent

Hamann Pineapple said:
Same players started the 2nd half so can't blame the selection, just attitude was different. Not looking forward to Kolarov v Messi but we have a slim chance thanks to Joe's save.
save? that's a nailed on, messi is a blue in summer
no way messi that bad,lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.