Milner 5/10
Fernando 4/10
Nasri 7/10
Silva 8/10
Aguero 7/10
Dzeko 5/10
Pellegrino 1/10
Zab 3 out 10?
Really, obviously drived in at the death, but he marked Neymard all night long and kept him out of the game.
Not saying he was outstanding, but deserved better than that.
Pablo was shite tonight from pretty much start to finish, he looked scared to death of Neymar, 2nd goal came from his side , gave a needless penalty away.

Aguero was our best player.

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Started Milner and Fernando, then Aguero, Dzeko, Nasri and Silva were all waiting up at the other end to receive something that was never going to come. Then later, he took off Silva and Nasri meaning there isn't anyone left to create even the little bits of scraps we get.

I'm not entirely sure Pellegrini can afford many more tactical clangers. It's becoming every week.

Fuck knows what he's got planned for Sunday against Liverpool.
should of started with fernandinho,however nasri was shit tonight.milner tonight shows that he is versatile, did a job for us ,but there is a massive gulf in class between himself and truly world class players.this is the problem milner will always have.nasri hhas the talent but goes missing too many times for me.demichelis our best defender by a mile,he was slagged off this time last year by the same wankers having a pop at bony already

Disapponted thought this would be the day we defeated Barca but all ends well with 2-1 and a saved pen by the one and only Joe Hart. Why the hell did we buy Fernado he sucks FFP really hurt us this year. All he does are back passes and side passes and doesn't even stop the Attacking threat of any players. We might as well play with a back 4.

Was listening to Waddle and Alan Green on 5 live for last 20 mins . Absolutely disgraceful comments after sending off of Clichy - the two of them kept on saying Barcelona should " kill city off " . I heard it at least 3 times . Talk about objective commentating? Green , I felt , was almost sneering or gloating at the fact that city were down to 10 men . He went on and on about Messi , Messi , Messi . You could be forgiven for saying that those two were saddened by Joe Hart's penalty save at the end . They couldn't believe Messi missed a rebound !
Folks seriously we are still in this . They hate us with a passion and we sense it . I couldn't believe my ears at their total dislike for us . It has reached an all time low in media circles. Our players will know that we are still in it . Feed Aquero all night in Barca and we will give them a terrible fright . We might even get the result we want

i♥city! said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Daz_Blue said:
HART

ZABBA KOMPS MANGALA KOLAROV

NAVAS FERNANDINHO YAYA NASRI SILVA

AGUERO

SUBS WILLY MDM SAGNA LAMPARD BONY DZEKO MILNER

Dont need a third rate defensive midfielder in the 18 for the return game

Got to go for it ......

We'll concede double figures with that pairing. Demichellis was eons better than Kompany tonight.

I would pick Mangala over MDM any day. Kompany wasn't terrible, he was left alone to do too many things, MDM didn't help in anyway.
demichelis performance pissed all over kompany,like it has most games,kompany stepped up as the cross for the second goal came across.love kompany and zab ,but both have had poor seasons as a whole and both have gone in recklessly numerous times in games which frankly if it had been mangala and sagna would of crashed this site

I have to disagree with many of you, in that I don't think 4-4-2 was/is the problem. I think it's an easy target.

We didn't play well only for 20 minutes or so and that was probably partly down to their lucky first goal.

Never a second yellow and red card for Clichy. If we had luck on our side we would have gotten the win or at least a draw.

Some individual errors were made but the Silva/Agüero move for the goal was amazing. And Joe Hart saved us at the end.

Hopefully we will put out an even stronger team in the second leg and we can win it 2-0 or maybe even 3-2?
(if my maths is correct)

We're Man City, we'll fight 'til the end.

if you wanted any advice on how to shoot yourself in the foot , we would be a mine of information , Barca were there for the taking , i will not dig out individual performances , because the whole team just went to pieces when we lost the first goal. About time some of our players delivered on their pre match bullshit , and did their talking on the pitch.

IWasHere said:
kinkysdribble said:
I'm Blue said:
Zab 3 out 10?
Really, obviously drived in at the death, but he marked Neymard all night long and kept him out of the game.
Not saying he was outstanding, but deserved better than that.
Pablo was shite tonight from pretty much start to finish, he looked scared to death of Neymar, 2nd goal came from his side , gave a needless penalty away.

Aguero was our best player.

Hart,Demi,Silva and Ferny1 were the pick

As much as I like Pellegrini, surely if he can't get his head around 4-4-2 against good opposition being foolish not brave questions must get asked. Fernandinho should have started too, one of few players in our team who looks calm against teams like Barca.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.