Post Match: City vs Barca

The formation had nothing to do with both goals. 1St goal didn't close down the cross and then Kompany didn't deal with the ball.
2nd goal no one closed Messi down and he had so much time to pick a pass out. But the thing was we had 5 players in the box and no one covered Suarez run. It's about doing your defensive duties properly.

Never Mind The Pollocks said:
Far from ideal result but in the same breath its far from over. Hope Manuel can FINALLY LEARN HIS MISTAKES. I'm content with that result all things considered.
On the evidence of what we have repeatedly seen, MP is not going to learn from his mistakes and it will cost him the job unless we get a miracle at the Nou Camp.

Never Mind The Pollocks said:
pudge said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Hart 8/10
Zaba 3/10
Kompany 2/10
Demichellis 6/10
Clichy 1/10
Milner 5/10
Fernando 4/10
Nasri 7/10
Silva 8/10
Aguero 7/10
Dzeko 5/10
Pellegrino 1/10
If Dzeko gets a 5/10 then Fernando should be in minus numbers.

I actually thought Dzeko did OK bar the header where he obviously should have done better.
Exactly, he was easily one of our better players.

Shades_of_blue said:
Did anyone notice Bony hold his thigh after he fluffed his shot? Seemed to be limping around after that. Hope I'm wrong.

Still think we can get a result over there.

Keep the faith.

Bit of a dead leg as Ferni got in the way of his only chance to shoot on goal.

Seemed to run it off as the game got away from us after Clichy was sent off.

Not on the same level as Barca.

This was not a good result despite the sugarcoating.

We don't have a chance over there, we barely contained them at the Etihad.

Doom and gloom I know, but Barca look good enough to win the Champs League so I suppose it's no slight.

We just aren't good enough yet.

The decision to start with Fernando is simply mystifying. Why did we sign him and what does Pellegrini see in him that makes him pick him for all the big games?

We have seen Middlesborough and Hull's bypass him in the manner they have in recent weeks so it's hardly a surprise that he was a passenger tonight.

Fernandinho did more in 5 minutes after he came on than Fernando did all game.

He must be the worst signing since the takeover.

HellasLEAF said:
Not on the same level as Barca.

This was not a good result despite the sugarcoating.

We don't have a chance over there, we barely contained them at the Etihad.

Doom and gloom I know, but Barca look good enough to win the Champs League so I suppose it's no slight.

We just aren't good enough yet.

of course we have a chance. Any team can win on there day. Never would have thought wed have beaten bayern but we did. Cheer up a bit aha

what has Demi done to get in ahead of Mangala this season??
IMO, Dzeko tends to go missing in the really big games. He scores great goals against the lesser sides, but he just aint up to the big guns. I know Bony is just blending in, but for gods sake, make sure Bony starts with Serge in Barca

IMO in the first half we were still in awe of Barca. We let them have all the possession which was the total opposite of what we see in every match in the PM when we always dominate possession (even if sometimes we don't do anything with that possession!) but in the second half I thought we played better than Barca. Joe's save was brilliant and the fact that it happened in the final minute has got to give us a massive boost for the return match. If we just go into the next match with the same attitude that we showed throughout the second half then we can beat Barca and go through to the next round.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.